Megyn Kelly Apologizes For Defending Blackface

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008
I cannot stand her. At all. Hopefully, she means her apology, but I have a feeling her career is in a precarious position, hence the apology (although it was better than "I'm sorry I offended anyone). She can't go back to Fox and no one else but some fringe far right site would want her. Megyn has much higher aspirations than a Facebook podcast with a Proud Boy. Even if that's where she' best fit in. She's certainly not a journalist, and I don't think she has much personality the few times that I've attempted to watch her.

Nothing, unfortunately, shocks me anymore with the right...and by that I mean anything from just a hair on the other side of Center to Nazi.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I am losing track of their various hosts doing this but didn't she get in trouble over this same issue last year?

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
The Quick Downfall of Megyn Kelly

The Hollywood Reporter reports tonight that CAA, the Hollywood mega-agency, has dropped Megyn Kelly as a client. Normally this isn’t the sort of news we’d take much notice of. But it’s a good barometer of the degree to which she’s quickly become radioactive in the entertainment and quasi-news world after her blackface comments. NBC News Chief Andy Lack blasted her in a NBC News staff town hall today. They are apparently already negotiating the end of her morning show, which – critically – simply hasn’t done very well.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
NBC News Declares War on Megyn Kelly After Blackface Fury

A former NBC staffer who worked with Kelly told The Daily Beast that NBC is angry that Kelly called for an independent investigation into the network’s handling of Ronan Farrow’s reporting on Harvey Weinstein, which never aired.

“They are trying to use this as a platform to restore their credibility,” the staffer said. “They have never before come out as strongly as this.

“For them to have had it on Nightly and the TODAY show, it would have been discussed by Andy and Noah. She was going very hard on the #MeToo stuff and they didn’t like that, and they couldn’t stop her, and now this is payback.”
All the more reason to facepalm. If Kelly was ruffling feathers all the way up through management, she didn't have the luxury for any missteps that could be used against her. But she is oblivious and tone-deaf about race issues (which we knew already) and that created a vulnerability that could be exploited.... when executives wanted to.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010