WTF Mask rage

Jopsy Pendragon

That's it. F*CK 2020 with a rusty screwdriver.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
he is truly mystified why rs go usa usa usa
Repeating something unnecessarily is often a sign that the person is struggling with believing what they're saying. They want to believe it, and they hope maybe if they say it a few more times.. and if other people say it with them, it might become true... enough.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I am in a facebook discussion with a con right now. Among other things he is truly mystified why rs go usa usa usa at rallies and dems do not. Actually am a green but figured he probably equates them anyway so replied. I explained to him dems want the WHOLE world to succeed. He simply could not figure out then why we would not take us#1 as axiomatic. He had to leave but will probably have more questions when returning because I said if I had to pick a single country to root for it would be Finland. Both because I am only a couple generations removed from it and that I did not chose where I was born but did choose to study that culture when I was able to do so.
Because belligerent nationalism, and identifying the nation with your own supporters, as opposed to the population as a whole, is typical of fascists rather than democrats.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Because belligerent nationalism, and identifying the nation with your own supporters, as opposed to the population as a whole, is typical of fascists rather than democrats.
Exactly. Well, fascists could appear on either side I suppose but it would work better with far right crowds.

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I explained to him dems want the WHOLE world to succeed.
Not sure that's exactly true. I think it's more that Dems recognize the authoritarian/elitist/hierarchical power structure that Republicans are loyal to, is one that leaves them at an unfair disadvantage. That may be due to race, sex, religion, educational status, unwillingness to compromise or be a 'team player', or any of a number of other factors. So dems side with the party that tries to appeal to a broader base of constituents rather than accept being a lower tier minion of the 'one way, our way, is the best way' nepotists.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Not sure that's exactly true. I think it's more that Dems recognize the authoritarian/elitist/hierarchical power structure that Republicans are loyal to, is one that leaves them at an unfair disadvantage. That may be due to race, sex, religion, educational status, unwillingness to compromise or be a 'team player', or any of a number of other factors. So dems side with the party that tries to appeal to a broader base of constituents rather than accept being a lower tier minion of the 'one way, our way, is the best way' nepotists.
Could I have gone into detail? Yes. Did I need a tweet length reply fast? Also yes.

• 1Like
Reactions: Jopsy Pendragon

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Could I have gone into detail? Yes. Did I need a tweet length reply fast? Also yes.
Sorry, didn't mean to be so nit-picky. I'm just super bored, cranky and tired of my eyes/throat stinging due to bad air that I can't seem to keep out of my house.

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
Fascists are like soccer fans. Instead of their own inexistant achievements they identify with the achievements of something else they consider themselves part of despite contributing nothing but yelling. It is a surrogate to recover self esteem.

• 1Interesting
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Tigar

🥧 Because pie 🥧
SL Rez
Joined SLU
💨
SLU Posts
We needs a “mask” 😷 emoji here.

Tigress is very much immunocompromised (spelling?) and we’ve been very much no contact throughout this entire gods damn thing. One of the things I miss is when I walk into a store and one of the people there greet me, or at the pharmacy counter I get greeted, or well pretty much anywhere, I usually smile at them and say Hi, or Thanks. But now it’s like “Oh carp, they can’t see me smile 😷

I was just trying to take a pic of the new mask that Tigress got me, but Trouble just hadda get inna way!

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
One of the things I miss is when I walk into a store and one of the people there greet me, or at the pharmacy counter I get greeted, or well pretty much anywhere, I usually smile at them and say Hi, or Thanks. But now it’s like “Oh carp, they can’t see me smile 😷
I have a puma mask (four actualy, so I can clean them between use and always have a spare on hand), kind of like your new tiger mask (but not snarling, just a mellow cat), and basically everywhere I go with it I get people telling me how cool it is. Maybe you'll get that reaction too and that will make up for the missing smiles?

Free

Nasty Hugs
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
President Donald Trump moved to blame his Democratic competitor, former Vice President Joe Biden, for not instituting a national mask mandate during the coronavirus pandemic.

The claim, made at an ABC News town hall Tuesday with undecided voters in Pennsylvania, is misleading for two reasons: Biden has, in fact, urged all state governors to mandate mask-wearing to slow the spread of COVID-19. The Democratic candidate is also not the president and has no authority to mandate anything. Trump does.

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I have a puma mask (four actualy, so I can clean them between use and always have a spare on hand), kind of like your new tiger mask (but not snarling, just a mellow cat), and basically everywhere I go with it I get people telling me how cool it is. Maybe you'll get that reaction too and that will make up for the missing smiles?
I bought four of the cat face masks and the vets office really got a kick out of it, they wanted to know where they could get them for their employees. 😺

Tigar

🥧 Because pie 🥧
SL Rez
Joined SLU
💨
SLU Posts
Actually, that’s the 2nd tiger mask that Tigress has gotten me, and a 3rd on the way. I’ve gotten “I like your mask.” several times, even tho I’ve only been out a few times. So yeah, it’s nearly as good as a smile 😃, but not quite.

• 1Hug
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Archer and Rose Karuna

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
/me grabs the PA microphone. "This store is now closed for the day. Please place your unpurchased items on the floor and depart the premises immediately. You are now trespassing and we will prosecute you to the full extent of the law. If you take or damage anything as you depart we will file criminal AND civil charges against you. This is your last and only warning, you have 1 minute to comply, anyone still in the store after that will be locked in and handed over to the authorities."

Tigar

🥧 Because pie 🥧
SL Rez
Joined SLU
💨
SLU Posts