Important Let's do the BIG MOVE (Again? No...)

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
4,062
I have to ask . Is there a plan for if Bart gets hit by a bus while flying a drone or accidentally steps into Bielefeld and disappears for 100 years?
 

Bartholomew Gallacher

Administrator
Joined
Sep 26, 2018
Messages
7,089
SL Rez
2002
I have to ask . Is there a plan for if Bart gets hit by a bus while flying a drone or accidentally steps into Bielefeld and disappears for 100 years?
Free and Noodles do have full admin access on the machine. So they can make backups anytime without needing me until they are tired of making them.

Domain name also remains at Free.
 
  • 1Hug
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Govi and Soen Eber

Dakota Tebaldi

Well-known member
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
9,978
Location
Ohio
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
16791
Well, I think at this point we can safely say that so far Bartholomew is making a fine new sysop, and Free as a new admin is...adequate.
 
  • 2Agree
Reactions: Govi and Puretone

Noodles

The sequel will probably be better.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,458
Location
Illinois
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
6947
I have to ask . Is there a plan for if Bart gets hit by a bus while flying a drone or accidentally steps into Bielefeld and disappears for 100 years?
Free and I both have backend SSH access to th server and can make a data dump to move things, again, if that happens.
 

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
7,934
Location
Coonspiracy Central, Noonkkot
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
20780
That was the error I got when trying to edit this comment and it wouldn't let me link it in that comment. Maybe it doesn't like links and images together?
 

GoblinCampFollower

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
5,883
SL Rez
2007
REALLY GOOD JOB!

I basically couldn't tell the difference for a bit when posting my wordle score today. The only real tell was that a few things felt SLIGHTLY slower but not to a crippling degree. Maybe there are a few minor kinks to work out but I'm not too worried about the very slight slow down. All things considered, I believe this went very well and certainly could have gone a lot worse!
 

Kokoro Fasching

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 24, 2018
Messages
333
SL Rez
2010
I am missing the little icon next to the user's name that let me know if they had chocolate within 10 meters of themselves..
 
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Puretone

mixvio

Sullen Homosexual
Admin
Joined
Sep 2, 2026
Messages
75
Location
Melbourne/Naarm, Australia
SL Rez
2002
Joined SLU
2006
SLU Posts
10000000
That was the error I got when trying to edit this comment and it wouldn't let me link it in that comment. Maybe it doesn't like links and images together?
Yeah I had a similar issue and told Bart about it. I also feel like things are a tiny bit slow as well but I think he's on top of hammering the last of the kinks out.