Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Not much in the pipeline that makes me excited.

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
Not much in the pipeline that makes me excited.
I see it as a lot of necessary tinkering. Not particularly sexy, but necessary. The marketplace improvements should be welcome, especially if they're cleaning old stuff out. They really could stand some other improvements there (like combined listings for color variations) but making it easier for people to show their stuff is good for merchants.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
On December 2, 2019, commission rates on Marketplace sales will become 10% of the item price.
snip
This fee change helps offset our costs as we invest heavily in new Marketplace features and improvements,
BuT lInDeN dOlLaRs ArE sPaCeBuX aNd NoT rEaL.

This will be the first commission increase since the Marketplace debuted a decade ago. This new rate remains significantly lower than most digital content commissions across the industry. Apple and Google charge a 30% commission on sales in their app stores, as do many other popular virtual worlds, VR and gaming platforms, such as Oculus and Sinespace.

which remains the Internet’s largest user-created virtual world Marketplace with more than 5 million items.
Public masturbation is unbecoming.

The ability to filter limited quantity and demo items is just around the corner.

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
... and we’re looking into a way to develop a native vendor system that better connects inworld sales and tracking with Marketplace transactions.
Attacking Casper (who's system is already capable of this)? They must be in for serious emergency money grabs,...

• 1Eye Roll
Reactions: Spirits Rising

eku zhong

Zhonging along.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Mar 2009
SLU Posts
Attacking Casper (who's system is already capable of this)? They must be in for serious emergency money grabs,...
PPL who already use Casper and MD (or something like it) are not going to jump over to SL native vendor .. they would have to port over sales history etc which is a massive PITA etc etc...

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
PPL who already use Casper and MD (or something like it) are not going to jump over to SL native vendor .. they would have to port over sales history etc which is a massive PITA etc etc...
I also bet the native LL vendour system will want "sales tax". I will gladly stand corrected if they won't.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
They're losing out by making name changes premium-only. I'd spend a few $L to get my mALT a last name but not another $100 a year to make him premium.
I'm guessing a lot of regular accounts would also pony up for last names but not premium.
Isn't it better to have more people spend a little money?

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
They're losing out by making name changes premium-only. I'd spend a few $L to get my mALT a last name but not another $100 a year to make him premium.
I'm guessing a lot of regular accounts would also pony up for last names but not premium.
So . . . have to go premium AND pay extra . . .

Wesleytron

Joined SLU
08-11-2014
SLU Posts
I'd spend a few $L to get my mALT a last name but not another $100 a year to make him premium
You don't have to pay for premium for a year. You can pay for just one month.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Who knows? I'm reserving judgement until I know what it has to offer.
Probably the ability to pay more and get a stipend smaller than what old accounts get. Plus twice the monthly free junk I rarely bother to get anyway.

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
I would only care if they doubled my base land allotment but that would have to be balanced against the cost of the extra perks.

• 1Like
Reactions: CronoCloud Creeggan
No big surprises, I've been watching the updates for the inevitable marketplace fee rise. I raised prices recently in anticipation of more LL price rises, something I meant to do sooner, but I do feel a lot less guilty about it now :D As for the attempt to maybe move in on Casper's stuff with linked vendors, I'm literally just trying out Caspervend as it's been years since I actually used networked vendors. But I doubt LL are going to tempt me onto their system, especially if they decide to charge higher fees to non-premium merchants using it. Besides, re-hanging a fresh set of vendors is a pain in the arse when you have a larger inventory, nobody wants to be re-hanging 100+ things just because LL made a vendor.

I've only just become downgraded to a freebie account this month, so zero interest in super premium plus or any of that stuff again. I'm sure the name changes will be handy for resident avis, but it seems daft to not offer it to free customers too. Interested to see what their new Linden homes look like, but not actually planning to get one.

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
Yay! I already have a lastname, but I've always wanted a more Fashionista one like: "Babcock", "Trollop", "Hussy", "Avarice" or "Strangelove" I also want to change my first name to something more fashionista-y, though I do use "CC" in my display name.

I see it as a lot of necessary tinkering. Not particularly sexy, but necessary. They really could stand some other improvements there (like combined listings for color variations) but making it easier for people to show their stuff is good for merchants.
Yep, the Store Manager thing was a good idea too. I suggested that YEARS ago.

They're losing out by making name changes premium-only.
Yep, I agree.

Here is my theory: It is a service for merchants to indicate people who are easily seperated from their money... 🙀

"Oh, nice new lastname you got there Miss, may I ask wether I can interest you in the latest virtual snakeoil?"
Shut up and take my money!

]

Probably the ability to pay more and get a stipend smaller than what old accounts get. Plus twice the monthly free junk I rarely bother to get anyway.
It sucks to be noobs. ;-)

I would only care if they doubled my base land allotment but that would have to be balanced against the cost of the extra perks.
I suspect that Premium Plus will be an increased land allotment for less than what it costs to pay for an additional 1024 monthly. I'll probably take them up on it, either replacing my second premium, or using the increased tier to pick up a Bellisseria home.

• 1Like
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Pancake and Cristalle

Wesleytron

Joined SLU
08-11-2014
SLU Posts
They're losing out by making name changes premium-only.
Yep, I agree.
Premium for just one month doesn't cost that much, and plenty of people may be prepared to pay it to change their username. We don't know yet how much a name change costs on top of that - could turn out to be quite small.

In effect, you do potentially have 'more' people spending a 'little' money.

I'm sure for many getting the weekly L$300 for a month too will help people offset the cost in their minds.

I'm certainly prepared to pay the one-off premium cost for one month to change the name of an account or two