#JAILTOTHECHIEF- Shit Just Got Real

Ava Glasgow

Ava Ava hot like lava
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Obama roasted Trump at the 2011 press dinner and a month later Trump becomes loudly vocal birther.
Trump was already a vocal birther, that's what Obama was roasting him for, but I can certainly see that the mockery really got under Trump's skin and probably cemented his hatred and determination to destroy Obama's legacy.

So, um... THANKS OBAMA! :shakefist:

Kamilah Hauptmann

This Reality Blows
Trump was already a vocal birther, that's what Obama was roasting him for, but I can certainly see that the mockery really got under Trump's skin and probably cemented his hatred and determination to destroy Obama's legacy.

So, um... THANKS OBAMA! :shakefist:
"loudly"

Before that it resembled the National Enquirer attention seeking bullshit. Not personal.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Jolene Benoir

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
I do agree with what you said, but at the same time I think there's more to his obsession with erasing Obama. I'm sure his innate racism is a big part of it, but I think his fragile ego is the major driver. Most people think Obama was a better president. He's intelligent, thoughtful, charismatic, relatable, compassionate, and genuinely powerful. And his wife actually likes him.

Trump responds to this like a pre-school toddler destroying a classmate's art project because it received more praise.
Yep, that too.

Kamilah Hauptmann

This Reality Blows

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
It's all tangled together, yeah.

I don't think there was some master plan, but rather a shambling along mess of buffoonery taking opportunism as it presented itself. Wikipedia section for the sake of interest: Barack Obama citizenship conspiracy theories - Wikipedia
I am referring to this.

AP: National Enquirer hid damaging Trump stories in a safe
In 2010, at Cohen’s urging, the National Enquirer began promoting a potential Trump presidential candidacy, referring readers to a pro-Trump website Cohen helped create. With Cohen’s involvement, the publication began questioning President Barack Obama’s birthplace and American citizenship in print, an effort that Trump promoted for several years, former staffers said.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
I saw this written elsewhere and it's a darn good point regarding Trump's tweet to Elizabeth Warren. It's also worth noting that Trump Jr's response to the tweet was "Savage!!! Love my President."

Let's play a game: Imagine a politician in Germany, let’s call her Elsa Weiss. Imagine Weiss claimed to have Jewish ancestry, according to her family history.
Now imagine that Chancellor Merkel took to calling Weiss "Anne Frank" to make fun of her. Let's say Merkel joked that she'd donate to charity if “Anne Frank” would submit to a DNA test to prove her heritage.

So Weiss takes the DNA test, and it turns out there’s a little bit of Jewish ancestry in her DNA makeup, but not a lot. Merkel doesn't donate anything to anyone, and takes this opportunity to double-down on the “Anne Frank” title. Nazis LOVE IT.

Then, when Weiss announces her run for Chancellor, Merkel tweets this: “Today Elsa Weiss, sometimes referred to by me as 'Anne Frank,' joined the race for Chancellor. Will she run as our first Jewish candidate for chancellor, or has she decided that after 32 years, this is not playing so well anymore? See you in the campaign CAMP, Ellie!”

I mean, could you imagine???]/quote]

Jopsy Pendragon

I miss when things weren't what they used to be.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I saw this written elsewhere and it's a darn good point regarding Trump's tweet to Elizabeth Warren. It's also worth noting that Trump Jr's response to the tweet was "Savage!!! Love my President."
The problem is that Trump's
Neonazi base already equate the pochahantas / anne Frank thing and revel in it.

Those on the fence at caught between apathy and outage, defaulting to the path of least resistance. If surrounded by racists, they go along to get along and story/analogies like this don't just fail to reach them, it alienates them because they won't risk being caught associating or sympathizing with "bleeding heart non-racists."

We are in the post shame era, we need different weapons in this culture war.

Jopsy Pendragon

I miss when things weren't what they used to be.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Everytime I wake up, I check in on this thread before diving into the rest of my usual internet stuff.

I keep hoping one of you will link breaking news that Mueller's report has been released, damning both individual 1 and Casper the intolerant ghost (pence) as undeniable agents of a hostile foreign nation. And, heck, throw in some recordings of Kavanaugh brokering illegal deals with Jared and McConnel for his seat on the court.

But no pee tape. Trump's followers have regressed so far into into primal tribalism that scent marking behavior would be exciting to them, not disgusting.

Kaimi Kyomoon

Persistent Participant
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I do agree with what you said, but at the same time I think there's more to his obsession with erasing Obama. I'm sure his innate racism is a big part of it, but I think his fragile ego is the major driver. Most people think Obama was a better president. He's intelligent, thoughtful, charismatic, relatable, compassionate, and genuinely powerful. And his wife actually likes him.

Trump responds to this like a pre-school toddler destroying a classmate's art project because it received more praise.
Nailed it.

• 1Agree
  • 1Like
Reactions: Rose Karuna and Govi

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
A credible explanation from Roger Stone for his telling Randy Credico to “do a ‘Frank Pentangeli’"

The indictment states that, on several occasions, Stone told Credico that he should “do a ‘Frank Pentangeli’ ” before the Intelligence Committee “in order to avoid contradicting Stone’s testimony.” As the indictment explains, “Frank Pentangeli is a character in the film ‘The Godfather: Part II,’ who testifies before a congressional committee and falsely claims not to know critical information that he does in fact know.” “But this is all wrong. Randy is an impressionist,” Stone told me, referring to Credico’s days as a comedian. “He does impressions. I was asking him to do his Frank Pentangeli impression. I wasn’t telling Randy to lie.”
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/02/18/roger-stones-and-jerome-corsis-time-in-the-barrel

Fo some time I am reminded of how pre-trial reviews before a certain rather notorious English judge often went:

"And your client actually intends to tell the jury all this?"
"So he instructs me, your honour."
"And he expects the jury to believe him, does he?"
"Yes, your honour."
"And you have advised him about the automatic discount on sentences following a guilty plea, even at this late stage?"
"With respect, your honour, you may be assured I have already given him robust advice about his position."

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
From the daily WTF I get from the White House, aka "The 1600 Daily":

The White House • February 12, 2019
No more paying for the rich world’s medicine

After today’s Cabinet meeting, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar took a moment to explain how America’s seniors are footing the drug bills for patients in some of the richest countries in the world.

“So under President Trump, what we’ve found is that in our Medicare program for senior citizens, for the drugs that doctors administer in their offices to patients . . . we’re paying 180 percent of what the Europeans, the Canadians, and the Japanese are paying for the exact same drugs,” Secretary Azar says. “Pharma is making all their profit here in the United States, and then they’re giving these sweetheart deals in the other countries.”

Putting American patients first has been core to President Trump’s agenda since day one. Last week, during his second State of the Union address, he called on Congress to join him: “The next major priority for me, and for all of us, should be to lower the cost of healthcare and prescription drugs, and to protect patients with preexisting conditions.”

Already, President Trump’s efforts to put patients in control have resulted in the single largest decline in drug prices in 46 years. The FDA approved a record number of generic drugs in 2017 and 2018 as alternatives to expensive brand-name medicines. All told, these approvals have saved customers a staggering $26 billion.

The next chapter in the fight against high drug prices is increasing transparency and ending the practice of global free-riding. Hospitals, insurance companies, and drug companies should be required to disclose real prices to patients to drive costs down. And Americans must get a share of whatever discounts other wealthy countries receive.

“This is wrong, this is unfair, and together we will stop it,” President Trump said last Tuesday. “And we’ll stop it fast.”​
Pharma is giving rich countries around the world "sweetheart deals" that we in the US are paying for? Way to completely miss the mark, donnie-boy!