Bartholomew Gallacher
Administrator
- Joined
- Sep 26, 2018
- Messages
- 7,084
- SL Rez
- 2002
The nypost is Not a credible news source, neither are those who write opeds for it. Just because some old TERF radfem says that feminism is ignoring Hamas in a tabloid like the NY Post, doesn't make it trueAmerican veteran feminist Phyllis Chesler about how feminism has lost its moral compass, in her opinion, because none of the remaining feminist sites in the US has condemned the killing, rape and abuse of women done by Hamas. And none of them were willing to publish her oped about it.
![]()
Response to Hamas horror shows the feminist movement has lost its moral compass
Dozens of people held a sit-in protest and were later arrested by US Capitol Police, in the Cannon House Office Building.nypost.com
Digging around some, I did find a limited number of mostly or highly factual right wing sites, but the fact that I had to include "non-biased" sort of says a lot about conservative media.
- Overall we rate the New York Post on the far end of Right-Center Biased due to story selection that typically favors the Right and Mixed (borderline questionable) for factual reporting based on several failed fact checks.
GREAT find!A lesson in history from an Israeli POV.
Well yes... in way current state is all that matters. But I still care a lot about HOW we got here... I maintain as I said before that the current situation feels unsolvable, but it is interesting how we ended up here. History is very relevant to how there is now a deep war where both sides feel very entitled.The problem, though, is that the conflict between the Israelis and the Palestinians is no more a dispute about correct interpretation of history any more than is/was the conflict between Republicans and Unionists in Northern Ireland.
The issue is that there are two groups of people living in the same area, often for several generations, neither of which are going to leave unless they're forced to (and often don't have anywhere else to go).
Which Palestinians, though? The last elections to the Palestinian National Authority were held in 2006. Hamas won in Gaza and Fatah won in the West Bank, and the two bitter rivals have controlled the two territories ever since, which means that well over half the current population of Gaza and the West Bank were too young to vote in those elections.I have to be honest. I would really like to care, and I recognize the Palestinian people are suffering and have legitimate complaints. But their leadership has consistently "never missed an opportunity to miss an opportunity" and seem to constantly measure their worthyness in column inches in the New York Times. The normal route of improving the lives of displaced people - working in other countries, and getting aid from sympathetic countries - has fallen through because so many express their anger in violence against civilians, children, & women, starting in Israel and extending in to the Gulf states. It seems the only ones giving them money are charitable aid organizations just to keep them from starving, and hostile nation states who only view them as pawns for their own national interests - and who care not a whit for their actual suffering.
I would be excited to be proven wrong, to actually begin to have hope for them - but I just don't see a safe space for them in the international polity. Not until they no longer see what was but what can be, to move beyond the hate.
Please prove me wrong, I hate feeling this way.
British public broadcast network acknowledges its reporter in Gaza was at fault for throwing charges against Israel live on air; Protest against the BBC continue