Sredni Eel
In Space, no one can hear you Cha Cha Cha!
- Joined
- Sep 26, 2018
- Messages
- 496
Seth Rogan knows how to keep himself occupied.
I'm not opposed to the concept of cruises like in general; but unfortunately it's just such a lousy industry that it's difficult to justify partaking. Even with all their nickel-and-diming of passengers it's one of the few leisure travel options that's more accessible to (relatively) lower-income people; but the tradeoff for that accessibility is everything you describe, and unacceptable.The profusion of cruise lines mean they're always cutting corners to make a profit in a highly competitive industry and the loser is always the passenger. A few cruise lines going out of business would probably improve the industry standards considerably (but also raise prices out of the reach of many people, but honestly, you don't NEED a cruise trip).
I've got nothing against the possibility that they are going to survive, however I am strongly against the usage of heavy crude oil as fuel in the mid and long run.So for those that love cruising, I hope enough cruise lines survive for you. It's just not for me.
In the past they limited loans of copyrighted works to the number of actual copies they had on hand. They also have a ton of stuff that's not under copyright, like older works.There's nothing "dubious" about the legality -- they're flat out stealing copyrighted material, and they'll be facing some serious legal action when things settle down.
As someone who makes a significant part of my living from my copyrights, I have zero sense of humor about this.
Louisiana, too:w00t!
![]()
Pastor of Tampa church that held two large Sunday services arrested, jailed
Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne of The River at Tampa Bay Church was booked into a local jail on Monday on charges of unlawful assembly and violating Hillsborough County’s stay-at-home order. He posted bail 30 minutes later.www.tampabay.com
Hoylaerts sought medical attention after suffering from a lack of appetite and shortness of breath. She was admitted to hospital where she tested positive for the virus and was placed in isolation, meaning her daughter was unable to visit.
She reportedly told doctors at the hospital: 'I don't want to use artificial respiration. Save it for younger patients. I already had a good life.'
Hoylaerts passed away two days after she was hospitalised, on March 22.
I delivered pizzas for Pizza Hut for a few years in my younger days. This sort of thinking makes me absolutely livid!
The virus was "politically motivated"??? Oh my God, the stupidity is just astounding!Louisiana, too:
![]()
Another Pastor Is Charged With Defying Coronavirus Lockdown
Tony Spell said he didn’t think his congregation was at risk of being infected because the virus was “politically motivated”.www.thedailybeast.com