How COVID-19 is affecting society

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010

Nobody is at the helm as we die.

Trump reportedly spends mornings in the White House residence bingeing on television. Then he goes down to the Oval Office in the afternoon, moving between it and an adjoining dining room which has a big TV. He broods there until night, conferring with lawyers in increasingly desperate efforts to overturn the election even as Biden nears a record 80m votes.
Jacobs commented: “Here’s the captain of the ship who’s missing, and the ship is really listing badly to the side, taking on water as more and more people are getting ill and dying. The president is not only missing from his post, but he’s encouraging a mutiny. There’s no precedent in American history for this kind of deranged behaviour.”

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Jacobs commented: “Here’s the captain of the ship who’s missing, and the ship is really listing badly to the side, taking on water as more and more people are getting ill and dying. The president is not only missing from his post, but he’s encouraging a mutiny. There’s no precedent in American history for this kind of deranged behaviour.”
There's no precedent for this because the Republican Party did not impeach him at the first sign of unacceptable, illegal behavior.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Thread

While I certainly don't trust my government to get it right, at least what we do about Christmas this year is very much under discussion (and surveys of public opinion are pretty strongly in favour of tight restrictions, if that means avoiding yet another lockdown in the new year).

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Jolene Benoir

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Wishful thinking though, sadly. They're immune from guilt over it because Covid is a hoax and whoever wrote Covid on their relative's death certificate was a lying paid-off deep stater.

A couple of days ago I read a post by a health care worker who described a terminal Covid patient of hers who is already on a full-face ventilator and coughing up pink foam while she yells profanity at the doctors screaming that Covid as a hoax and they're all liars when they say she's dying of it.

More than anyone else, I feel for the mental health of medical workers who have to do their jobs under a directed barrage of hatred. They're literally risking and in some cases sacrificing their lives so that they can be called liars and shills.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
“Some go further and suggest Christians meet regardless, particularly as there has been no evidence presented to suggest that places of worship are responsible for virus spreading.”
Except, of course, there is substantial evidence that church gatherings are responsible for COVID clusters, ESPECIALLY if there's singing.

Arkady Arkright

A pox on all religions ! (actually, under the circumstances "A plague on all religions" is probably more appropriate).
I'm sure the National Trust has a few priest-holes it could lend them...

• 1Disagree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
GOP Sen. Kelly Loeffler, locked in a runoff battle in Georgia that could determine control of the Senate, has tested positive for COVID-19.

Loeffler's spokesperson said she tested positive for the virus on Friday night, but a follow-up test on Saturday came back inconclusive. She is isolating as a precaution "until retesting is conclusive." She passed two rapid COVID tests on Friday morning before starting a day of campaigning, but found out at night she had tested positive in a PCR test, which generate fewer false positives or false negatives.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
A pox on all religions ! (actually, under the circumstances "A plague on all religions" is probably more appropriate).

I'm sure the National Trust has a few priest-holes it could lend them...
Except, its not all religions, but certainly Christians. I'm not hearing these stories from other religions?

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts