How COVID-19 is affecting society

Zaida Gearbox

I don't have a huge amount of stock or anything, but I'm really considering cashing it all in to buy bullion. I'd actually lose a fair amount of money because almost all of my stocks are way down.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I don't have a huge amount of stock or anything, but I'm really considering cashing it all in to buy bullion. I'd actually lose a fair amount of money because almost all of my stocks are way down.
Considering you've also be buying gold when it's at its highest price for over 50 years, I think that might be an investment you'd come to regret

Sovereignty

SL Rez
Buy low, sell high.
ETA: Of course, there also is the Greater Fool theory. A greater fool will come along to take it off your hands at a still higher price.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Looks like Trump is in serious need of another live crowd of sycophants fix.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
How the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians have handed the pandemic in the Qualla Boundary, their territory in western North Carolina (far better than most states)
I'm glad, that's such a lovely area, with lovely people [and gave me a new way of viewing the American Revolution.... and George the III].

• 1Like
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Fuuuuuu...

The Trump Administration is moving to give the Department of Defense control over logistics in distributing the COVID-19 vaccine, a move that infectious disease experts describe as “unprecedented.”

“The DOD is handling all the logistics of getting the vaccines to the right place at the right time in the right condition,” one Trump administration official told reporters on Thursday, saying that the “great, vast resources of the Department of Defense” would help get the job done.

The move, first reported by Politico, came as part of Operation Warp Speed, the Trump administration’s effort to put the gas on the development and distribution of a COVID-19 vaccine.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Hmm.

Reports of influenza and a host of other infectious diseases have plummeted as the COVID-19 pandemic has driven people into lockdowns.

In many places, social distancing measures aimed at curbing the spread of the new coronavirus may be smothering the spread of other infectious diseases at the same time. But, in other places, the pandemic may simply be masking disease spread, as people may avoid seeking care for more routine infections while health care systems stretched thin by the pandemic may struggle to conduct routine, surveillance, testing, and reporting.