How COVID-19 is affecting society

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
uh-oh

Evernote link
The Prince of Wails should never have gone near his mum when he had it. Shame on him.
The Queen must be vacxed and boostered, so hopefully it won’t get any worse than cold symptoms for her if it hasn’t yet. 🙏

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
The Prince of Wails should never have gone near his mum when he had it. Shame on him.
The Queen must be vacxed and boostered, so hopefully it won’t get any worse than cold symptoms for her if it hasn’t yet. 🙏
Except he didn't test positive and might not have even start showing symptoms yet [though if he was feeling sniffly, he should have cancelled.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
Except he didn't test positive and might not have even start showing symptoms yet [though if he was feeling sniffly, he should have cancelled.
I just know if my mom was still alive, and the Queen’s age, I would have assumed it was COVID until proven otherwise.
And even if it was definitely not COVID, I would have bloody will worn a mask and kept a safe distance. Why risk giving a 96-year old any kind of a virus if your can avoid it?
Like this guy says :

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I just know if my mom was still alive, and the Queen’s age, I would have assumed it was COVID until proven otherwise.
And even if it was definitely not COVID, I would have bloody will worn a mask and kept a safe distance. Why risk giving a 96-year old any kind of a virus if your can avoid it?
Like this guy says :

But again, if he wasn't showing symptoms yet....

Like, when we got back from visiting my mom first of the year, my spouse and I wore our masks when in main parts of our house because housemates - didn't want to get them sick, even though we felt fine for like two weeks - then we relaxed on the masks and then showed symptoms of -something-, and then housemates got sick too - though, it might have been a flu or something, instead of Covid, because even while sick, my oxygen was its normal 97-100 levels and I never had a fever - but I was sick for over a month.

I just said IF he had sniffles at the time, he might not have - you are contagious before you show signs, last study I saw.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Ryanna Enfield

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
This thing ain't over *sigh*
H1N1 keeps coming back in random murder waves every so often. We'll be watching the 'it's over, drop all restrictions'-'panic where did this new wave come from' two step for the rest of our lives.

See:

Note, Alberta is Canada's prominent FREEDUMB shithead province, and they're amateur hour next to a variety of red states in the US, and a number of macho macho man countries around the world.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
You know what? I'm out of energy. I'm all worried out. I'll wear my mask,get my boosters, and tick all the boxes, but if it gets me and takes me out, it will be a relief.
I have my DNR in place. If I have to be intubated I'll be so full of morphine or whatever I won't knew what's happening, and sometimes that seems preferable.

Last edited:

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Note, Alberta is Canada's prominent FREEDUMB shithead province, and they're amateur hour next to a variety of red states in the US, and a number of macho macho man countries around the world.
You know what, this is wrong. Alberta is premier league stupid. Case in point, school there starts three weeks later than most southern states. I know a high school teacher in Arkansas. My brother in law is an Alberta high school teacher.

Arkansas went into the school year last fall full blast Trumpistani truck nutz. Within the week entire schools had most teachers sick.

Alberta had three weeks of observation to see exactly what was going to happen. And they did it anyway. And were surprised pikachu when the Same Thing happened in Alberta.

It is a special blend of stupid to watch that shit happen and think you’re the exception to the rule.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
You know what, this is wrong. Alberta is premier league stupid.
Why is that anyway? Stupidity tends to go hand in hand with remoteness. Saskatchewan and Manitoba are remote though too and you don't hear about them being idiots all the time.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I would not want to be in their shoes. The military doesn't usually tolerate this sort of shit [but then, Flynn's not been called up and then courtmarshalled, and haven't heard his brother has been either, so...... o.o]

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
The Qrazies and trumpkins are convinced Queen Elizabeth is taking ivermectin. 🙄🙄
Unless one of her doctors was an undercover assassin who wants her to die painfully from what that 💩 can do to your insides, I think they're kind of off base here

Last edited:
  • 2Eye Roll
Reactions: Sid and Free

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts

Okay, so....

To get on the ship we took [Carnival owns Holland America Line], we had to had our vaccines to get on board, but also a within two days PCR test. You had to wear masks in close quarters, and when eating/drinking - and well, only 40% of occupancy.

If everyone is vaccinated fully and tests negative, masks aren't that necessary*, though personally I'd wait and see how boosters work for the newest strain.

*At least, if we can trust the CDC.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
At least, if we can trust the CDC.
We can trust the CDC to understate the risks.

I'm going to keep wearing masks.

Plus my masks are awesome with fangs and animal faces and stuff and I get compliments on them wherever I go.

bubblesort

Just checked the our world in data numbers. Everything is looking really, really good! In the G6, the reproduction rate is below 1, everywhere but Germany, and it's falling in Germany.

The only metric that makes me worry a little is the variant distribution in Italy. Everywhere else has basically 100% Omicron variant. Italy has 15% Other variant. Other doesn't usually mean another variant of a known variant, so I'm guessing this isn't stealth omicron. It could just be little hiccup in the data that comes from only sequencing 0.1% of cases, or it could be a real new variant that nobody is allowed to talk to the press about yet. The pandemic in the Western world kind of started in Italy, and Delta and Omicron hit Italy hard when they first popped up, so I really hope this isn't that. Italy's case numbers are way down, though, so if it is something new, maybe it's not contagious enough to worry about.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Just checked the our world in data numbers. Everything is looking really, really good! In the G6, the reproduction rate is below 1, everywhere but Germany, and it's falling in Germany.

The only metric that makes me worry a little is the variant distribution in Italy. Everywhere else has basically 100% Omicron variant. Italy has 15% Other variant. Other doesn't usually mean another variant of a known variant, so I'm guessing this isn't stealth omicron. It could just be little hiccup in the data that comes from only sequencing 0.1% of cases, or it could be a real new variant that nobody is allowed to talk to the press about yet. The pandemic in the Western world kind of started in Italy, and Delta and Omicron hit Italy hard when they first popped up, so I really hope this isn't that. Italy's case numbers are way down, though, so if it is something new, maybe it's not contagious enough to worry about.

I don't know if I think the 'western' variant started in just Italy, considering a friend of mine died after long covid she caught in late Feb '20, while in the ER next to some kid who'd just come back from Wuhan and was coughing and sitting right next to her.

And this is in the Florida panhandle, so......