"Florida Man" is still at it

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
It's hard to make a tiny icon of a naked, drunk man with an alligator under one arm and a gun in the other hand, cooking meth and crashing a pick-up.
It could still be done if it weren't for the giant US and confederate flags on the pick-up. It is hard to pack that much cognitive dissonance into a handful of pixels.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Warning to Florida visitors, when you hear rustling and growling in the bushes, BACK AWAY, because 99% of the time it's NOT going to be something that you want to pet. 🐊🐍🦎🐻🦝🦡🐺🕷🐿🐾🐾🐾
Yep Florida is a bit like the Australia of the US that way

Sid

Fulltime coffee drinker.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
An picture of Trump could do nowadays, but he is imported, so I'm not sure if he counts as one.

Added:
Damn, now I keep picturing a naked Trump with an alligator hiding in the bushes.

Last edited:

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
For the record, I can now say gators are cute - was neightbors with a zoo encounter thing last con we worked, and they had a little bitty one, and it had a loki helmet it wore for pictures [and a little band to keep it from biting people. Prolly better neighbors than the archtypical florida man.

• 1Like
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

Sid

Fulltime coffee drinker.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Doesn't sound like a fun life for that gator.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Doesn't sound like a fun life for that gator.
I don't know, it seemed pretty chill and I imagine since it was staying at a local zoo at night, and lives in a zoo in Orlando, on top of the fact that the person running that display was doing the educational thing and in full control of the holding of the different creatures they had, it might not be so bad [yes, I thought about it, but like the macaw and parrot didn't have clipped wings [and one liked to groom hair when doing the photos with people.]

Felt more like a very controlled educational experience than exploiting the critters.
Like, the birds with non-clipped wings, weren't in cages, but on perches - they never tried to leave, either.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Sid

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Plus, they chose the most amiable critters, and zoo keepers and their charges often bond to each other (unless they're actively trying to keep them wild for species reintroduction to natural habitat). If anyone remembers Jim Fowler on Carson, they often use the tame and docile ones for education).

• 1Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

WolfEyes

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Plus, they chose the most amiable critters, and zoo keepers and their charges often bond to each other (unless they're actively trying to keep them wild for species reintroduction to natural habitat). If anyone remembers Jim Fowler on Carson, they often use the tame and docile ones for education).
Carson as in Johnny Carson of the Tonight Show?

Don't forget Joan Embrey.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Exactly - he obviously cared for his charges - one was a young kangaroo that had a 'pouch' and it was so sweet watching the two of them together.