Ellen Degeneres Under Fire For Friendship With George W. Bush

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
I can see both sides - Ellen is not wrong in that you can be friends with and kind to people you don't agree with. However, George W. Bush is not someone who just has a difference of opinion on topic - he is guilty of war crimes and has never been brought to justice, and his administration went to great lengths to harm LGBTQ people. Ellen can choose to be friends with whomever she wants, but it doesn't mean people have to like or respect that decision.

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
It's ridiculous, even Rosie O'Donnell was tweeting about missing Bush.

This is what happens when you're so rich and famous that you've made it into the club.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Ane while I'm there:

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
GWB wasn't the greatest president of all times, made some bad judgements, but at least he was a president.
Compare that with the orange one.....

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
It's ridiculous, even Rosie O'Donnell was tweeting about missing Bush.

This is what happens when you're so rich and famous that you've made it into the club.
In fairness, Bush - either of them - was absolutely presidential compared to the orange shitgibbon.

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
In fairness, Bush - either of them - was absolutely presidential compared to the orange shitgibbon.
Bush 1, yes. Bush 2 was just the more polite version of the orange shitgibbon.

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
I don't believe GWB is evil. Incompetent yes, evil, no. There were much more powerful forces behind the scenes that were running things - namely Dick Cheney, who is the reference photo when you look up the definition of evil.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
GWB is an abstinent alcoholic who claimed that god himself was talking to him, willed him into the office and put him onto a mission. He is a pious fanatic. That's enough to make him potentially evil, and looking at his legacy he committed enough evil acts. He is evil.

He's not the Mao/Stalin/Hitler mass murdering (his own people) type of evil, but a different type (lesser/relaxed?) and evil none the less.

Last edited:

Aeon Jiminy

When I see the gleeful Ellen Degeneres selfie video of her mingling with the "fancy friends" (ugh, I can't believe she actually said that), it makes me think of the disdain my art history professor had for the Rococo Period of French Art. She depicted it as the vapid musings of the French aristocracy.

Ellen isn't breaking any new ground or offering any real pearls of wisdom. She's just living life in her own modern Rococo painting, oblivious to the fact that the Rococo Period was followed by the French Revolution.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
If you look at the long and lengthy list of wars and military interventions by the USA, most US presidents weren't exactly altar boys in the military field.
Just saying.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Pamela

Han Held

Joined SLU
SLU Posts
If you look at the long and lengthy list of wars and military interventions by the USA, most US presidents weren't exactly altar boys in the military field.
Just saying.
Bush is particularly egregious -not only for his foreign adventures but also for the grand roll back of civil liberties at home (Patriot Act, etc) he's responsible for.

Mind you, Obama (who's hands weren't clean in foreign affairs) expanded on many of the civil liberty horrors started by Bush ...but Bush still started them.

On the other hand, to the best of my knowledge Obama has never been convicted of commiting war crimes ....