It turns out that we actually know someone who was at the protest - he was not involved in the riot. He says he actually left when he realized it was going to get that way, and in fairness, even when we were watching on tv we saw people in Trump gear walking away and shaking their heads or looking a bit frightened.
Anyway, NOW, he is worried about if pictures of him at the protest appear online that he will be associated with the riot.
I was like many years a group calling themselves The Minute Men came to the town where I was living at the time. I was curious about what they had to say and felt I should hear what they had to say before writing them off as "bad." But, then I realized that 1) there was a high probability that someone from the local paper would be there taking pictures 2) I worked at the domestic violence shelter at the time - and at that time - may face was the first one people saw coming through the door. So, I did not go to the event because I realized that in a small community like that - I represented my employer whether I was on duty or not. Quakerism is a small community, and if pictures of this guy should appear online, my husband's entire yearly meeting will become associated with Trumpism because of this guy.