Confederate flag/statue banning thread

Govi

feral ballerina
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
If Hollywood movies of the 30s and 40s are to be given any credit for depicting the South's attitude towards Sherman, particularly in Georgia, mentioning that General's name would provoke a near-fighting rage. Of course, that effect was partly for humorous effect (I remember it most vividly from a Red Skelton feature movie). Mentioning the Republican Party in good terms had the same humorous effect, too. There were people alive then who had experienced the Civil War directly as young adults or children. I don't recall any similar reaction depicted in the Union states, except perhaps a James Thurber story "The Night the Bed Fell on Grandpa's Head," was the title, IIRC.

GoblinCampFollower

SL Rez
Ben Shapiro is what stupid people think smart people sound like.
YEP. He has a nerdy tone of voice, and usually speaks "well." Usually decent grammar and word usage but his reasoning is a total train wreck. If you translate a shit argument into flowery words, the result is still a shit argument.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Govi

GoblinCampFollower

SL Rez
Who can forget this epic interview with Andrew Neil?

(Andrew Neil is notoriously a very hard-right Conservative).

Full car crash here

From the interview: "This is a giant waste of time, in the sense that the entire interview is designed for you to shout slogans or old things that I've said at me," he told Neil.

Yes, how DARE anyone think it's fair to hold Ben accountable for his own words! That interview was hilarious... it really showed how much of a child he is.

Speaking of "old things" that Shapiro has said, he's made a lot of very overtly racist things against Arabic people in particular that aren't so easy to get past just because he later retracted them... especially because he did it over and over again.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
From the interview: "This is a giant waste of time, in the sense that the entire interview is designed for you to shout slogans or old things that I've said at me," he told Neil.

Yes, how DARE anyone think it's fair to hold Ben accountable for his own words! That interview was hilarious... it really showed how much of a child he is.

Speaking of "old things" that Shapiro has said, he's made a lot of very overtly racist things against Arabic people in particular that aren't so easy to get past just because he later retracted them... especially because he did it over and over again.
I remember at the time someone on Twitter asking why the BBC were allowing Andrew Neil to be so cruel to a child on live TV and where on earth were his parents?

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts