WTF Climate Change News

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
7,254
SL Rez
2006
“Normally it should rain once every one or two weeks,” says Mantovani, “but now it hasn’t rained for three months.”

The problems start, however, in the mountains, where snowfall has been at its lowest for 20 years measuring 50 per cent less than the seasonal average. The glaciers of the Alps, which act as reservoirs to feed the river, are also shrinking each year. On Monte Viso, a mountain close to the French border where the Po River originates, the permafrost is melting and causing chunks of rock to crumble away.

The situation has set alarm bells ringing about the effects climate change could have on an area so heavily dependent upon the river’s waters.

This season has already been a stark warning that the warming planet may turn Italy's fertile farmlands and nutrient-rich Delta into a salty wasteland, while putting hundreds of thousands of livelihoods at risk. “It is a 360-degree disaster,” says Mantovani.
 

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
4,502
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
2009
But... it's all the boomers' fault because of how they raised their grandkids. 🤨
 

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,695
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565
Convincing people that 6 and 8 year olds are responsible might be a bit of a stretch.
Media has made millennials look like the opposite of Doozers, so I dunno.
 

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,695
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565
What are you calling doozers?
I am not calling anything Doozers.

I SAID that media - in the general sense - has done a job on millennials, making them seem little more than privileged slackers. Do you disagree?

My grandkids are not millennials.
I was unaware we were only talking about your grandchildren.

Also, I did not say yours were.

Also, why do I have to write any of this?
 
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Lexxi

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
4,502
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
2009
I am not calling anything Doozers.

I SAID that media - in the general sense - has done a job on millennials, making them seem little more than privileged slackers. Do you disagree?



I was unaware we were only talking about your grandchildren.

Also, I did not say yours were.

Also, why do I have to write any of this?
I don't think we're talking about the same thing(s).

You said "the opposite of Doozers". What the hell are Doozers? I wouldn't ask wtf they are if I already knew. Your statement confused me because I don't what you mean by Doozer so how would I know what you mean by "opposite of Doozers"?

Why is that question so hard to understand?

My sarcastic crack about grandparents raising grandkids had more to do with how people try to throw the blame around and ignore all the fingers pointing back at them. Kind of like how Obama got blamed for stuff Bush did and Biden gets blamed for stuff assTrumpet did. YMMV
 

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,695
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565
Why is that question so hard to understand?
I'd say it's hard to understand because you didn't ask it?

The Doozers are a race of characters from Fraggle Rock who love to work. They're tiny, green creatures with small nub-like tails who usually sport construction helmets, boots, and tool belts. Doozers stand approximately knee-high to Fraggles, at six inches tall.[1]

Unlike Fraggles, Doozers love to work all day long, and they hate playing games.
 
  • 2WTF??
Reactions: Lexxi and WolfEyes

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,695
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565
What the hell do you call this?
I would call it phrasing I don't interpret as a question about what Doozers are.

Done with this discussion.
 

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
4,502
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
2009
Oh for fuck's sake. Just forget I was ever here.