Jopsy Pendragon
*Very* disappointed with 2026 so far.
- Joined
- Sep 20, 2018
- Messages
- 3,205
- Location
- San Diego CA
- SL Rez
- 2004
- Joined SLU
- 2007
- SLU Posts
- 11308
My folks live at that altitude, it's far more comfortable than tucson or phoenix. They even see snow sometimes. Mom said they had no monsoon season at all this year though, first in like 40 years without one.I am indeed moving to AZ with Tigress. For several reasons, some of which include that we’ll be moving in with her best friend from childhood , renting at a very favorable rate, it’s desert and we both love the desert. ( I spent two years at George AFB in CA and loved it.) The cost of living is low and since I’m retiring and will be on a fixed income, that matters hugely. Tigress’ only income is SS disability.
We’ll be up in the mountains (about 5,000+ feet) so I’m not really worried about my taillights melting
why do you call it a danger zone?
Still, 5000' is probably safer than above 6000', where the flammable ponderosa pine grow like weeds. I used to live up in Flagstaff, ... Probably the only reason it hasn't completely burned down is there's a lot less air up at 7000'.



emoji, so ya get a flower. I’m really lookin’ forward to it. And I spent the weekend hangin’ out with my son and daughter in law, and I was happy to learn that they don’t plan ta has kids.
















