WTF Climate Change News

Jopsy Pendragon

I'm now giving negative Eff's. I'm in debt.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I am indeed moving to AZ with Tigress. For several reasons, some of which include that we’ll be moving in with her best friend from childhood , renting at a very favorable rate, it’s desert and we both love the desert. ( I spent two years at George AFB in CA and loved it.) The cost of living is low and since I’m retiring and will be on a fixed income, that matters hugely. Tigress’ only income is SS disability.

We’ll be up in the mountains (about 5,000+ feet) so I’m not really worried about my taillights melting 😉

why do you call it a danger zone?
My folks live at that altitude, it's far more comfortable than tucson or phoenix. They even see snow sometimes. Mom said they had no monsoon season at all this year though, first in like 40 years without one.

Still, 5000' is probably safer than above 6000', where the flammable ponderosa pine grow like weeds. I used to live up in Flagstaff, ... Probably the only reason it hasn't completely burned down is there's a lot less air up at 7000'. ;) ;)

• 1Flower
Reactions: Tigar

Tigar

🥧 Because Pie 🥧
SL Rez
Joined SLU
🥧💨
SLU Posts
My folks live at that altitude, it's far more comfortable than tucson or phoenix. They even see snow sometimes. Mom said they had no monsoon season at all this year though, first in like 40 years without one.

Still, 5000' is probably safer than above 6000', where the flammable ponderosa pine grow like weeds. I used to live up in Flagstaff, ... Probably the only reason it hasn't completely burned down is there's a lot less air up at 7000'. ;);)
We don’t has a cactus 🌵 emoji, so ya get a flower. I’m really lookin’ forward to it. And I spent the weekend hangin’ out with my son and daughter in law, and I was happy to learn that they don’t plan ta has kids.

I kinda hate to say that, but I’d so much rather know that my grandkids won’t exist than that they’re gonna have a good chance of dyin‘ of the heat, or the side effects of it.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Jopsy Pendragon

Sredni Eel

In Space, no one can hear you Cha Cha Cha!
Well. When the planet is disposed of, those Christians won't have anywhere else to go. I've never met anyone so willing to die than whackadoodle Christians who think that Heaven is worth dying for.

I love this planet, but it will survive long after we die out.

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
The only thing remarkable about this is that one of them actually dared to say it out loud.

It's been clear to me since my childhood that this is one of the core enabling tenets of christendom. "Take what you want, forget the consequences, Earth is just a disposable testing ground for souls and will cease to exist when the Rapture comes during our lifetime... so screw taking any responsibility for its condition or suitability for our children or their children."

"God will bring us escape pods when it's time" -- suuuuuure he will.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Ryanna Enfield

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
The only thing remarkable about this is that one of them actually dared to say it out loud.

It's been clear to me since my childhood that this is one of the core enabling tenets of christendom. "Take what you want, forget the consequences, Earth is just a disposable testing ground for souls and will cease to exist when the Rapture comes during our lifetime... so screw taking any responsibility for its condition or suitability for our children or their children."

"God will bring us escape pods when it's time" -- suuuuuure he will.
Ironically, the VERY first command given Adam and Eve [or maybe Lilith.... Genesis has some serious timeline issues], was TAKE CARE OF MY WORLD.

If a Christian can't even manage that one, they are not managing the rest [and those kind never are], so if their god exists? I wanna be there when he goes 'WTF, folks - I didn't ask all that much of you and you botched it.'

Free

she/feline
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Ironically, the VERY first command given Adam and Eve [or maybe Lilith.... Genesis has some serious timeline issues], was TAKE CARE OF MY WORLD.
Even more on the point of Earth's permanence:
Ecclesiastes 1:4 said:
One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

If a Christian can't even manage that one, they are not managing the rest [and those kind never are], so if their god exists? I wanna be there when he goes 'WTF, folks - I didn't ask all that much of you and you botched it.'
Well, there was also that bit about not eating certain fruit.

I have zero respect for the notion of the deity they claim to worship. "Hey, I'll create a creature who's ignorance, curiosity, defiance, corruptibility and selfishness guarantees sooner than later they will completely disobey me, and I'll burn them for all eternity for it. Muahahahah!"

Sounds like pure evil to me, but I guess christians are able to squint the right way and see it as morality, goodness and love.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
"Scientists also have a political agenda"

I wanna take a dirty flyswatter and smack anyone that says that in the face, repeatedly.

"Hey shitforbrains, if the government doesn't like scientific community's "Political Agenda", maybe they should go back to funding science like they used to instead of letting their political agenda be dictated by the for-profit corporations who've jumped in when the government got too cheap to care about our future?"

Aeon Jiminy

AOC and Jane Fonda 3.0 speak out on Green New Deal and support Joe Biden, even though Biden doesn't support it. Nothing weird about that.

• 1Minion
Reactions: Govi