Cats are jerks

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
SL Rez
I think I've figured out why cats knock things off tables and shelves: When the item falls and breaks, the owner has to order a new one, which comes in a box, which the cat promptly hops into and takes a nap!
Very good thesis. I bestow upon you the honourary title of Junior Scientist of Science.

Fauve Aeon

🌽🐍Mostly Jellicle...🐍🌽
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Not sure of date/postcount

Look at this sweet little angel baby. Bah, I say. This box on the desk is called the 'asshat cat containment box'. It's the only way to keep he and/or his brother from parking themselves in front of one of the monitors. Recently they have been posturing and having dominance wars over who gets the box. So I'm going to get another box and put it nearby. You can tell I keep the house a bit chilly in the daytime for autumn and winter, his fur is floofed out...

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
I have a round cushion on my desk for similar reasons. Yesterday one of my monitors went out, and after several panicked minutes I discovered that one of the furry buggers and rubbed against the back of the tower and pulled the cable partway out.

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Today is a very sad day for me because last night I had to make a decision over the phone to put my cat of 18 years (Lucifur) to sleep. Apparently she had a type of cancer that we were unaware of. I'd noticed that she was thinner and quieter but I kind of wrote that off to age. What really tugs on my heart is that 5 min before I left for the airport, she ran up and sat right on my chest. She rarely does that. It was like she knew she would not make it until I came back and was saying goodbye. :cry:

My friend who stays at my house with my fur kids was grieving as much as we were. I am saddest that I wasn't there with her.

I know animals get old and that we lose them and that Luci had a really good life for 18 years, but damn, this has been a seriously sucky year losing both Luci and Obie as well as Senior Froggy who I raised from a tadpole and had for 8 years (who even knew frogs lived that long). :poop:

We did open our home to another kitty, Bella, she's 3 years old but she has had a hard life (she flinches every time you come near her, I think someone was hitting her). She is adjusting now I think. I'm rambling, the loss of Luci has not hit me yet as much as I think it will when I get home but nevertheless, I'm sad.

Archer

Arch Enemy
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I'm so sorry, Rose! All the hugs to you!

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
Today is a very sad day for me because last night I had to make a decision over the phone to put my cat of 18 years (Lucifur) to sleep. Apparently she had a type of cancer that we were unaware of. I'd noticed that she was thinner and quieter but I kind of wrote that off to age. What really tugs on my heart is that 5 min before I left for the airport, she ran up and sat right on my chest. She rarely does that. It was like she knew she would not make it until I came back and was saying goodbye. :cry:

My friend who stays at my house with my fur kids was grieving as much as we were. I am saddest that I wasn't there with her.

I know animals get old and that we lose them and that Luci had a really good life for 18 years, but damn, this has been a seriously sucky year losing both Luci and Obie as well as Senior Froggy who I raised from a tadpole and had for 8 years (who even knew frogs lived that long). :poop:

We did open our home to another kitty, Bella, she's 3 years old but she has had a hard life (she flinches every time you come near her, I think someone was hitting her). She is adjusting now I think. I'm rambling, the loss of Luci has not hit me yet as much as I think it will when I get home but nevertheless, I'm sad.
My heart goes out to you. I had to make the difficult decision in January to have my beloved Sonic put to sleep after 17 years. His health rapidly declined and he reached a point where he stopped eating and drinking. I stayed up with him all night and comforted him, then took him to a vet the following morning. I was beyond devastated. I was crying so hard on the phone the vet could not understand me.

After saying goodbye to him, I immediately went to the local humane society and adopted a 6 month kitten that I named Boo. I could not face going to my house alone. Having Boo helped tremendously. I was still incredibly sad and there were moments over the next month that I broke down thinking of Sonic, but having another cat to love helped to ease my pain. He is an incredibly sweet, silly and affectionate cat. I lucked out finding him. I call him Boocifer all the time.

Losing a pet is incredibly difficult and I'm very sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts. :flower:

Maggy Hazelnut

Cat Herder
Joined SLU
March 2009
SLU Posts
I lost my kitty, Poppy, this last summer too & I still miss her. I swear sometimes I catch a glimpse of her out of the corner of my eye or hear her meowing. I didn't go out & get another cat yet because I still have my doxie who isn't very fond of cats plus I'm paying off big vet bills on a limited income. This is the first time in over 45 yrs that I haven't had a cat & I really miss having one around. I'm sure I'll get another one or one will adopt me but I'm not rushing it. I'm very sorry for your loss Rose & for your loss too Cris. They mean so much to us & add joy to our lives. *hugs* to you both