Khamon
Folk Harpist
- Joined
- Sep 23, 2018
- Messages
- 3,167
- Location
- Alabama
- SL Rez
- 2003
- Joined SLU
- 2007
I'd love to see more non-British shows in the U.S., and I say that as someone who has been steeped in British TV and loved it. But this past year I really enjoyed Norsemen (Norwegian) and currently I'm hooked on Prof. T (Belgian), not to mention my forays into Korean pop culture. There's so much good stuff out there, and I'm looking forward to exploring as more and more of it gets pulled into various streaming services.![]()
EU prepares to cut amount of British TV and film shown post-Brexit
Exclusive: number of UK productions seen as ‘disproportionate’ and threat to Europe’s cultural diversitywww.theguardian.com
There's no dispute about the territorial status of Northern Ireland.Once the UK left the EU, then the EU does not have to take the UK stance on disputed territories like Gibraltar or Northern Ireland.
Now it's a dispute between the EU and the UK, in which the EU is trying to protect its own interests, though it will (I hope) pay particular attention to the interests of the RoI in the matter.Yes. Point taken.
The problem now being how to reconcile two irreconcilable agreements, the Good Friday accords and the Brexit agreement. But the main point is that the EU will take the RoI's position as far as possible now that the UK is not a member and will act to preserve the Common Market. They didn't have to pick a side when both were in the EU as the Common Market prevented the problem.