Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
Sep 20, 2018
SL: November RL: DC
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Was I the only one offended by his reasoning? Sorry sport, it is NOTHING like being trans.

If you equated it because you were saying you were actually younger on the inside that would be more comparable. I doubt you would be taken seriously and at worst would wind up talking to a therapist but that would be a closer situation.

Sep 19, 2018
Gulf Coast, USA
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Was I the only one offended by his reasoning? Sorry sport, it is NOTHING like being trans.
I'm finding it hard to shake the notion that, despite his claimed motive, he's really trying to do this because he thinks it proves how "absurd" transgenderism is. Like people who insist on wearing colanders for driver license photos because "it's my religious headgear".

Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Sid

Custom title specified.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
Limburg, Netherlands
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Oct 2009
  • Sid

Sid

Well, the guy in question Emiel Ratelband is a weirdo, always has been. If he gets it done to legally change his age, I will be number two in court.
But not to get my age younger, but older. To 67 to be precise. Then I get state retirement money AOW every month. :)

Edit to add: He is not anti transgenders. He simply feels younger than he is.
And he wants publicity.
He always wanted publicity.
He is a clown and a fraud IMHO, who made a lot of money in the feel good business.

Last edited:

Free

The Pie Whisperer
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 22, 2018
Fucking, America
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
  • Free

Free

Has he looked into time machines?

Sep 20, 2018
Hillcrest, San Diego, CA
Joined SLU
Jan 15 2004
SLU Posts
Imagine if instead of "age" we went by "Approximate Years Remaining" (as determined annually by actuaries). What a glorious mess that would be. ;)

Khamon

Irish Harper
Sep 23, 2018
Alabama
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Imagine if instead of "age" we went by "Approximate Years Remaining" (as determined annually by actuaries). What a glorious mess that would be. ;)
It's how medical insurance companies determine treatment. They have formulae the government can use to provide graduated Medicare services. Perhaps the fed will let states decide the scale that best serves their budget population.

Sep 26, 2018
Well, the guy in question Emiel Ratelband is a weirdo, always has been. If he gets it done to legally change his age, I will be number two in court.
But not to get my age younger, but older. To 67 to be precise. Then I get state retirement money AOW every month. :)
We are talking about Ratelband, THIS RATELBAND?!?

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
Sep 20, 2018
Illinois
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Wasn't that sort of the plot for the Machine of Death stories?

Sep 26, 2018
No, the clip is at least 15 years old as well, as you can tell by the 4:3 aspect ratio. He's been quite famous as motivation trainer, and this "Tjakka" became his own catch phrase.

Okay, so now the one and only, yes...

Sep 19, 2018
a sunburnt country
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts
No, but then he looks younger there than he does in the photo from the article, and in that photo he was 54. I doubt that clip is real recent.
This appears to be what he looks like now:

Not bad for 69. Looks an attractive gent if you're that way inclined. I can't imagine he really has much trouble dating. Honestly, after struggling through google translations of Dutch wikipedia pages, I'm inclined to think Sid has the guy dead to rights. This is a "Look at meee! I'm in the spotlight" thing, nothing more than that.