Search results

  1. danielravennest

    WTF Climate Change News

    "We're expecting an accumulation of two to four inches of Iguana"
  2. danielravennest

    ME MEs

    Since it's down for maintenance, no, it didn't, not at all.
  3. danielravennest

    They just get worse and worse

    The craft workers who do the bulk of the work (set builders, location drivers, etc.) aren't necessarily liberal. Trilith Studios, where half the Marvel films are shot, is in a R-leaning area. So are the Walking Dead franchise and Stranger Things. The directors and stars may be flaming...
  4. danielravennest

    ME MEs

    Supply chain problem.
  5. danielravennest

    They just get worse and worse

    The media production industry (film, TV, etc.) employs twice as many people in Georgia as the coal industry in the whole US, and a bit less than half the number of people who voted for her in the last election.
  6. danielravennest

    Nobody Cares if it's Off Topic

    I never had a Facebook account in my own name. I had one in the name of an SL avatar that looks like a real name, purely for things that required a Facebook login to use. When Cambridge Analytica came to light, I deleted that and haven't missed it. Nowadays I view it as a massive time sink...
  7. danielravennest

    Nobody Cares if it's Off Topic

    I just have 3200 mp3's of music I like and Winamp for playing it when I want to listen to music. Most of it comes from ripping CDs. I suppose I'm not a cool kid, though.
  8. danielravennest

    Nobody Cares about TV and Film

    Given how many times film production across the industry has been halted because someone on the set tested positive, she may not have a choice if they make it a work requirement.
  9. danielravennest

    They just get worse and worse

    She's gonna be really pissed when Georgia elects a black woman to be governor (Stacey Abrams).
  10. danielravennest

    Nobody Cares: Technology-only Edition

    Unlike paper checks and bank cards, Bitcoin transactions don't have your name and account number printed on them. It is just an amount, the sending address(es) and the receiving address(es). Since anyone can create a new address at will, it is not immediately obvious who did what. You have to...
  11. danielravennest

    They just get worse and worse

    He needs money to pay his lawyers, because he's been disbarred. All the evidence that's was seized from him has *finally* been processed by the "special master". That was to evaluate his claims of attorney/client privilege. So now it can all go to federal prosecutors. He's so screwed.
  12. danielravennest

    Thank you Manchin for undermining your country!

    The latest "Electric Power Monthly" report from the Dept. of Energy came out today. With 11 months of 2021 reported, coal is running 5% below the 2019 level (pre-pandemic), so it is still on the way out. Renewables as a group are up to 93.7% of coal, and are expected to pass it in a year or...
  13. danielravennest

    MSNBC: Mississippi's new bill is step one to legally erasing trans people

    I started taking it at 62, partly because my dad passed away a week before he turned 65. It is pretty straightforward to do on the SS website. 62 is the minimum age. The "standard" age depends on your year of birth, and 70 is the high end. The earlier you take it, the less the monthly...
  14. danielravennest

    What's next for Windows?

    I just ran a major update, and it wouldn't finish. I had to manually power down and reboot. Maybe I need to check all my settings.
  15. danielravennest

    US Election Day 2020

    The Justice Department is still working through all the Jan 6th people that admitted their crimes on social media.
  16. danielravennest

    That's Racist! (Racists Don't Care)

    The Kennedy family made their fortune bootlegging liquor during Prohibition, so the name wasn't much to begin with.
  17. danielravennest

    Nobody Cares: PRS

    She's working on that Cruella DeVille look.
  18. danielravennest

    Coup in the USA?

    You guys see ads? I almost never do. Windows 10/Firefox/NoScript/uBlock Origin.
  19. danielravennest

    Nobody Cares! (Science & Tech Edition)

    d(tree)/dt = ln Math humor: the derivative of a tree with respect to time is a natural log.
  20. danielravennest

    Cats are jerks

    Cat crime: premeditated swat.