MSNBC: Mississippi's new bill is step one to legally erasing trans people

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
4,062
Well the original Nazis had this crazy idea about creating the Arian superior race, and proclaimed that Germans are part of that race. In order to create that, the population should breed like crazy, this means they considered heterosexuality as the norm and all other sexual orientations as wrong because these normally would not procreate. Being gay was considered a curable sickness under the Nazi regime, and this is why the Nazis were after gay men. Gay men often ended up in KZs.

Same applies more or less to lesbians, but the historians are still debating if they were as supressed like the gay men or not.

So it's not so hard to make the bridge from gay&lesbian to transgender people. Most of them will not procreate once all of their body changes are finished, and so above can be applied by these nazi stinkers.
Yeah, a lot of them were concerned about being outnumbered by "them". I think it's also driving today's circus in the U.S., as we're approaching the tipping point where minorities will outnumber white Americans to the point where it will change elections. We probably have another 30-40 years of this before things settle out.
 

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
4,502
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
2009
Yeah, a lot of them were concerned about being outnumbered by "them". I think it's also driving today's circus in the U.S., as we're approaching the tipping point where minorities will outnumber white Americans to the point where it will change elections. We probably have another 30-40 years of this before things settle out.
So, not in my lifetime. That's disappointing.
 

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
4,062
They're different. Repugs can't handle anyone who is different regardless of how that person is different. If you don't look, think and act like they do you are different and should be eliminated.
Not exactly. The standard play book needs an internal powerless minority to focus on. Here's the starter video for Innuendo Studio's YouTube series:
 

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
4,062
So, not in my lifetime. That's disappointing.
I'm saying 30-40 years because that's how long I think it'll take before their cheating and the inherit 3.5% advantage the electoral college gives them is overwhelmed. If all things were equal, I'd be saying something closer to today to 10 or 15 years.
 

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
4,140
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
9410
Yeah, a lot of them were concerned about being outnumbered by "them". I think it's also driving today's circus in the U.S., as we're approaching the tipping point where minorities will outnumber white Americans to the point where it will change elections. We probably have another 30-40 years of this before things settle out.
But, they are already managing to 'outnumber' themselves anyway, because white liberals aren't 'them', nor are white LGBTQIA+. So, while they worry about being erased, they are adding to their own scarcity by outsidering people they would otherwise count as them. I mean, seriously, people like -us- here, aren't 'Real' Americans, any more than non-whites.

Or you know, if you aren't a white, cis-, hetero-, GQP, bible toting christo-fascist, you aren't 'people'
 

Noodles

The sequel will probably be better.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,462
Location
Illinois
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
6947
Any thoughts on why these nazis/repugs are after transgender people?
There are all sorts of anectodal reasons and its likely very multinfaceted, but I hostly feel like its mostly rooted in homophobia.

And not from the angle of, "Transgender people are gay so I hate them," like you might think on the surface.

More the angle of, "I am a manly man and ain't no way I would ever find another 'man' attractive."

Basically, homophobia, of being 'percieved' as BEING gay, because they might get 'tricked' into finding what they see as a 'man in drag' attractive.

This is of course somewhat rooted in being absolutely unable to unswrstand or empathize with the transgender mind. The belief that its some sort of weird con or intentional trap. "You aren't good at manly things so you are going to 'prrtend' to be a woman, so you can win at woman things. (Because you know, it goes hand in hand with the "women are inferior" mindset.

Which also pushes some anti trans of "Why would anyone WANT to be a woman when they are a man?"

And I know this kind of feels way more angled at men hating transwomen, but it kind of feels like the majority is men, hating on transwomen.

Its not to say that it doesn't go the other way, or there are not other reasons behind the hate, I just feel like that is kind of a large chunk of the core.

In short, in addition to "violating" the "traditional gender stereotype", it may also violet their own percieved stereotype of themselves, which makes them EXTRA uncomfortable.
 
Last edited:

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
4,502
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
2009
Not exactly. The standard play book needs an internal powerless minority to focus on. Here's the starter video for Innuendo Studio's YouTube series:
Aren't internal powerless minorities considered different?
 

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
4,502
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
2009
I'm saying 30-40 years because that's how long I think it'll take before their cheating and the inherit 3.5% advantage the electoral college gives them is overwhelmed. If all things were equal, I'd be saying something closer to today to 10 or 15 years.
I'll likely not be here in 10 years. That's why I'm hoping I can find someone who can help me get my Social Security benefits going before I hit 65. I'll be lucky if I live to be 65.
 

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
4,502
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
2009
But, they are already managing to 'outnumber' themselves anyway, because white liberals aren't 'them', nor are white LGBTQIA+. So, while they worry about being erased, they are adding to their own scarcity by outsidering people they would otherwise count as them. I mean, seriously, people like -us- here, aren't 'Real' Americans, any more than non-whites.

Or you know, if you aren't a white, cis-, hetero-, GQP, bible toting christo-fascist, you aren't 'people'
In other words, you are different if you
aren't a white, cis-, hetero-, GQP, bible toting christo-fascist,
 
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

danielravennest

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
3,708
SLU Posts
9073
I'll likely not be here in 10 years. That's why I'm hoping I can find someone who can help me get my Social Security benefits going before I hit 65. I'll be lucky if I live to be 65.
I started taking it at 62, partly because my dad passed away a week before he turned 65. It is pretty straightforward to do on the SS website. 62 is the minimum age. The "standard" age depends on your year of birth, and 70 is the high end. The earlier you take it, the less the monthly benefit is. But in theory you get it for more years so it evens out. If you haven't recently, go to their website and get your personal benefits statement. That lays out how much you get at different ages, and your earnings history (which should have been reported by employers). Check the latter to make sure everything was reported, otherwise you could get shorted on the payout.
 

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
7,257
SL Rez
2006
There are all sorts of anectodal reasons and its likely very multinfaceted, but I hostly feel like its mostly rooted in homophobia.
Misogyny, homophobia and transphobia are all symptoms of toxic masculinity. Men who are terrified of appearing weak, of "lesser" than the image of a manly man, lash out with anger at anyone that will bring them down. Women are to be dominated, feminity is to be disparaged and ridiculed. And men who would WILLINGLY associate themselves with these subversive traits -- such as gay men and transwomen -- are utter anathema.

Just remember, any time you see anger and hate, the underlying emotion is usually fear. It may be a ridiculous and irrational fear, but that's pretty much the human condition.
 

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
4,502
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
2009
I started taking it at 62, partly because my dad passed away a week before he turned 65. It is pretty straightforward to do on the SS website. 62 is the minimum age. The "standard" age depends on your year of birth, and 70 is the high end. The earlier you take it, the less the monthly benefit is. But in theory you get it for more years so it evens out. If you haven't recently, go to their website and get your personal benefits statement. That lays out how much you get at different ages, and your earnings history (which should have been reported by employers). Check the latter to make sure everything was reported, otherwise you could get shorted on the payout.
lol I turned 62 last September. I went to the site, and it was saying I'd need all kinds of documents, but I couldn't find anything to tell me what documents specifically. The whole thing left me so confused I feel like I need an attorney just to figure out what I'm supposed to do and what I need as documentation.
 

Monica Dream

But spirit is something that no one destroys
Joined
Dec 21, 2019
Messages
1,326
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
Sept 2010
SLU Posts
7008
Any thoughts on why these nazis/repugs are after transgender people?
Yes, a lot of thoughts but I can only back up one: demographic anxiety.

In particular with Russia and their homophobia;


I think a lot of the same people who believe in "the great replacement" look at queer groups and on top of their already-existing sex-negative attitudes they feel that LGBTQ+ folks encourage people to not reproduce. On (what I'm assuming is) an unconcious level they see LGBTQ+ (and other folks who are childless) betraying them by not helping to increase their demographic numbers.

Of course, it's possible to over-think it too; the far right targets transgender folks because it plays well to their base. And it plays well to their base because transgender people are "the other" -they're alien.

It's important to bear in mind that transphobia isn't exclusive to the far right, either.


TLDR: because transphobia plays well in Peoria
 

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
4,062
In other words, you are different if you
Yes, but every go-around on an issue they choose a minority for "special processing". Some, like subcontintal Indians get an "honorary white" stamp the "more respectable" racists will respect, but like the east asians found out with the current China rumblings (and the Jews have always known) that cadet rank is always revokable.
 

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
4,502
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
2009
Yes, but every go-around on an issue they choose a minority for "special processing". Some, like subcontintal Indians get an "honorary white" stamp the "more respectable" racists will respect, but like the east asians found out with the current China rumblings (and the Jews have always known) that cadet rank is always revokable.
Preaching to the choir. :flower:
 

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010
Yeah.... I think many people here or in super liberal European cities underestimate how strong the far right is in Europe. They are still smaller proportionately in most European countries but have been growing... It also seems like the USA is more polarized in regards to civil rights in that we have more overt racists but also more people who acknowledge the need to respond to them. An example of what I mean is how football/Soccer fans around the world have publicly yelled racial slurs at black players in a way that is almost unimaginable in the USA.
and that’s why I didn’t mean emigrating when I said “looking for the exit”.
I’m not guaranteed safety anywhere, because the far right is rising everywhere.
And don’t say Israel. Their far right presents other problems.
 

Ranma Tardis

Ad Astra per Aspera
Joined
Sep 25, 2018
Messages
93
Location
Socal
SL Rez
2005
This is my reply to repugs and their brown shirts. My grandmother use to sing this to me in German.

Die Gedanken Sind Frei


 
  • 1Like
Reactions: Govi

GoblinCampFollower

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
5,892
SL Rez
2007
Misogyny, homophobia and transphobia are all symptoms of toxic masculinity. Men who are terrified of appearing weak, of "lesser" than the image of a manly man, lash out with anger at anyone that will bring them down. Women are to be dominated, feminity is to be disparaged and ridiculed. And men who would WILLINGLY associate themselves with these subversive traits -- such as gay men and transwomen -- are utter anathema.

Just remember, any time you see anger and hate, the underlying emotion is usually fear. It may be a ridiculous and irrational fear, but that's pretty much the human condition.
I strongly agree. I wanted to add that I think homophobia and especially transphobia maybe gets a double whammy from not only misogyny but also a bit of Xenophobia. Bigots don't just hate one group, they fear and therefore hate any strange "other." I think almost everyone grew up knowing what a gay person was, even if they were hostile for a time. Meanwhile, a lot of people grew up with no concept of transgender people, so they seem so much more new and strange than they really are.

TERF's in particular can have internalized misogamy, but mostly seem to hate transwomen out of xenophobia I think... they talk about transwomen like they are body snatchers from another planet trying to imitate them. TERF message boards seem to also dance around a lot of racist dog whistles and view everything else as a bit of a threat...
 

Ranma Tardis

Ad Astra per Aspera
Joined
Sep 25, 2018
Messages
93
Location
Socal
SL Rez
2005
Well the original Nazis had this crazy idea about creating the Arian superior race, and proclaimed that Germans are part of that race. In order to create that, the population should breed like crazy, this means they considered heterosexuality as the norm and all other sexual orientations as wrong because these normally would not procreate. Being gay was considered a curable sickness under the Nazi regime, and this is why the Nazis were after gay men. Gay men often ended up in KZs.

Same applies more or less to lesbians, but the historians are still debating if they were as supressed like the gay men or not.

So it's not so hard to make the bridge from gay&lesbian to transgender people. Most of them will not procreate once all of their body changes are finished, and so above can be applied by these nazi stinkers.
Sounds like a typical repug to me