Kamilah Hauptmann
Shitpost Sommelier
- Joined
- Sep 20, 2018
- Messages
- 15,369
- Location
- Cat Country (Can't Stop Here)
- SL Rez
- 2005
- Joined SLU
- Reluctantly
Trump experienced an upturn in public support as the virus hit the US, and his job approval rating surged to almost the highest rating since he was elected. As concerns over the government’s response have grown, however, the number of people who believe the president is doing a good job appears to be settling back to pre-coronavirus levels.
A Reuters/Ipsos poll this week found approval of Trump’s handling of Covid-19 had dipped to 42%, down from 48% the week before. Trump’s overall approval rating was at 40%, close to where it has been for much of his presidency. According to a survey by CNN, 45% of Americans approve of Trump’s coronavirus response.
Perhaps more worrying for Trump are his dwindling numbers in a match-up against Joe Biden. CNN found that Biden leads Trump 53% to 42% among registered voters nationwide.
A number of Trump’s advisers and Republican allies are said to be among those unimpressed with his performance at his press briefings, which have become a daily ritual and often last several hours. Axios and the New York Times reported that a series of senior figures have become dismayed at the briefings, which Trump has used to propagate lies and disinformation about his response to the pandemic.
What's changed since the previous week is another 200,000 have gotten sick, and another 10,000 died. That means a lot more people know someone in their community who's been affected. Here in my little suburb of Atlanta, one of the police department's staff has died from it (not an officer), and on my NextDoor feed one household member tested positive, and his wife asked on the site if someone could do some shopping for them, because she's been exposed too and can't go out.![]()
Trump's poll numbers dip over handling of coronavirus pandemic
Republican allies and advisers said to be concerned over daily press briefings while Biden leads in head-to-head match-up, CNN poll findswww.theguardian.com
Donnie doesn't speak for hours himself. He reads woodenly from a prepared statement, takes some reporter's questions, answers badly or goes off on riffs congratulating himself and boasting, then gets mad when someone asks a hard question and leaves, turning it overs to Pence and the doctors.Hours long speeches? Is he going to threaten his [unpatriotic] enemies with public hangings or will he merely throw shoes now? I wonder if one of his advisors is pulling out the Goebbles play book just to see how far he will go? And seriously, he's already done detention camps, does anyone else wonder if there's a case where he's pushing for "disappearances" or even something more "final"?
FIFYthen gets mad when someoneasks a hard questiondoesn't kiss his orange butt

Just like Hugo Chavez.Hours long speeches?
He wasn't the tinpot dictator I had in mind, but it fits.Just like Hugo Chavez.![]()
I'll explain it as best I understand it. What I know comes from watching Dr. Roger "MedCram" Seuhult, MD of many hats, on youtube, "some guy on youtube" if you will. He helps run a "Khan Academy" of sorts for medical professionals. Students can get professionally accredited brownie points via MedCram. He also oversees an ICU from time to time working, I believe, at a teaching hospital. He commented in one video that learning to use ventilators has basically been his life's work.I don't see how it could possibly work against a coronavirus, or any virus for that matter. One part is an antibiotic - not effective against viruses - and the other part treats infection by a single-celled parasitic organism, which is not a virus. If this treatment has ever worked at all, it is because it treated a bacterial infection that developed alongside the COVID-19 infection.
Chavez legit did that, take over the TV stations and broadcast his hours long rants about the enemies of Venezuela.He wasn't the tinpot dictator I had in mind, but it fits.
Whether it works or not has nothing to do with Trump. I do know that.
Projecting, again, I see....Oh good grief...
I keep coming back to these lyrics:1989
Some gang that ran smack in Viet Nam
Ain't got no reason to fear
Just get a Vice President so dumb
The crook at the top never gets impeached
That sure was easy wasn't it?
That sure was easy wasn't it?
More crack-more panic-moe cops-more jails
You see emergency-total war
You see emergency-total war
You see a black face-you see a crackhead
You see a black face-you see a crackhead
You see a black face-you see Willie Horton with a knife
You see Willie Horton with a knife
You see one Willie Horton you've seen them all
They're everywhere, I know
You asked for it, you've got it
Drug suspects have no rights at all
Property seized and sold before trial
Labor camps-on American soil?!?
Neo-Nazi bootboys
That the cops never seem to arrest
Prowl neighborhoods with baseball bats
Why now? Why do they get so much press...?
Mein Kampf-the mini series
Ollie North-"patriotic" hero
The leader for tomorrow is yours today
Finally gotcha psyched for a police state
On the Washington D.C. Beltway
Around and around I go
In a black van with no windows
And a chimney puffing smoke
My van's a mobile oven now
That burns the bodies you never see
Just like in Chile or Guatemala
People just seem to disappear
Just like Rome
We fell asleep when we got spoiled
Ignore human rights in the rest of the world
Ya might just lose your own
As the noose of narco-militarism
Tightens 'round your necks
We worry about burning flags
And pee in jars at work
To keep our jobs
But if someone came for you one night
And dragged you away
Do you really think your neighbors
Would even care...
Embrace the red white and blue reich
Ollie for president, he'll get things done!!!
abc.com
I had to laugh a few posts back when I discovered Mcturtle was in my spellcheck ... and this time not McTurtle but am fixing that now if it was because I had used it.Cool. There are a few people I'd love to vote off the island, starting with Trump and McTurtle.
Yeah, especially when you widen the circle to people not sick but affected. My spouse lost her job before all this and now has more of battle to find a new one than she would normally have. My sister lost her job the other day. Her son is an EMT. Another nephew is in the military and was deployed to new New York. I have a job but all this is putting a strain on family finances as I am paying people to do things I would normally do and tipping them well (with less of a family income than normal).What's changed since the previous week is another 200,000 have gotten sick, and another 10,000 died. That means a lot more people know someone in their community who's been affected. Here in my little suburb of Atlanta, one of the police department's staff has died from it (not an officer), and on my NextDoor feed one household member tested positive, and his wife asked on the site if someone could do some shopping for them, because she's been exposed too and can't go out.