WTF Sh*t's F*cked Up and Bullsh*t - a "Who Cares" thread for news

Brenda Archer

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
2,135
Location
Arizona
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
12005
This is SOOOOO stupid. Just...stupid, that's the only word.

I don't know why I'm so upset about this. For some reason it just totally blew my mind.

I've been feeling this way about doctors for years. They are really sexist. Frankly, this includes women doctors, who take on the culture of the system they survive in. Ignorance and pride on the part of the doctors are a bad combination for the patients.

Another example:

Maternal mortality rates rise as hospital safety measures go unused

From the women I know and myself, it's a real struggle to even get a diagnosis of a serious illness or injury. I usually cannot get one from an MD. I have to wait months, until I'm so sick I have to go to the ER, and then get the diagnosis based on the ER imaging or surgery. This has happened to me over and over. Usually, the only thing I have been able to get from a clinic doctor or a specialist is the continuation of whatever medication came from the ER diagnosis. Women are told to take someone with them to the Dr if they can, it's because *doctors don't listen to women* and that will go double for women who are overweight or otherwise "different" in any way.
 

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,190
Location
Minnesnowta
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Posted by John Barrowman on Twitter:
It's gotten so that as soon as I see a virulently anti-gay legislator I immediately have suspicions about their own proclivities.

They always push the idea that being gay=pedo. Perhaps that is because they, themselves, are pedo and confuse the two.

Time for a new addition to the list:

Republican anti-abortion activist Howard Scott Heldreth is a convicted child rapist in Florida.

Republican County Commissioner David Swartz pleaded guilty to molesting two girls under the age of 11 and was sentenced to 8 years in prison.

Republican judge Mark Pazuhanich pleaded no contest to fondling a 10-year old girl and was sentenced to 10 years probation.

Republican anti-abortion activist Nicholas Morency pleaded guilty to possessing child pornography on his computer and offering a bounty to anybody who murders an abortion doctor.

Republican legislator Edison Misla Aldarondo was sentenced to 10 years in prison for raping his daughter between the ages of 9 and 17.

Republican Mayor Philip Giordano is serving a 37-year sentence in federal prison for sexually abusing 8- and 10-year old girls.

Republican campaign consultant Tom Shortridge was sentenced to three years probation for taking nude photographs of a 15-year old girl.

Republican racist pedophile and United States Senator Strom Thurmond had sex with a 15-year old black girl which produced a child.

Republican pastor Mike Hintz, whom George W. Bush commended during the 2004 presidential campaign, surrendered to police after admitting to a sexual affair with a female juvenile.

Republican legislator Peter Dibble pleaded no contest to having an inappropriate relationship with a 13-year-old girl.

Republican activist Lawrence E. King, Jr. organized child sex parties at the White House during the 1980s.

Republican lobbyist Craig J. Spence organized child sex parties at the White House during the 1980s.

Republican Congressman Donald "Buz" Lukens was found guilty of having sex with a female minor and sentenced to one month in jail.

Republican fundraiser Richard A. Delgaudio was found guilty of child porn charges and paying two teenage girls to pose for sexual photos.

Republican activist Mark A. Grethen convicted on six counts of sex crimes involving children.

Republican activist Randal David Ankeney pleaded guilty to attempted sexual assault on a child.

Republican Congressman Dan Crane had sex with a female minor working as a congressional page.

Republican activist and Christian Coalition leader Beverly Russell admitted to an incestuous relationship with his step daughter.

Republican governor Arnold Schwarzenegger allegedly had sex with a 16 year old girl when he was 28.

Republican congressman and anti-gay activist Robert Bauman was charged with having sex with a 16-year-old boy he picked up at a gay bar.

Republican Committee Chairman Jeffrey Patti was arrested for distributing a video clip of a 5-year-old girl being raped.

Republican activist Marty Glickman (a.k.a. "Republican Marty"), was taken into custody by Florida police on four counts of unlawful sexual activity with an underage girl and one count of delivering the drug LSD.

Republican legislative aide Howard L. Brooks was charged with molesting a 12-year old boy and possession of child pornography.

Republican Senate candidate John Hathaway was accused of having sex with his 12-year old baby sitter and withdrew his candidacy after the allegations were reported in the media.

Republican preacher Stephen White, who demanded a return to traditional values, was sentenced to jail after offering $20 to a 14-year-old boy for permission to perform oral sex on him.

Republican talk show host Jon Matthews pleaded guilty to exposing his genitals to an 11 year old girl.

Republican anti-gay activist Earl "Butch" Kimmerling was sentenced to 40 years in prison for molesting an 8-year old girl after he attempted to stop a gay couple from adopting her.

Republican Party leader Paul Ingram pleaded guilty to six counts of raping his daughters and served 14 years in federal prison.

Republican election board official Kevin Coan was sentenced to two years probation for soliciting sex over the internet from a 14-year old girl.

Republican politician Andrew Buhr was charged with two counts of first degree sodomy with a 13-year old boy.

Republican politician Keith Westmoreland was arrested on seven felony counts of lewd and lascivious exhibition to girls under the age of 16 (i.e. exposing himself to children).

Republican anti-abortion activist John Allen Burt was charged with sexual misconduct involving a 15-year old girl.

Republican County Councilman Keola Childs pleaded guilty to molesting a male child.

Republican activist John Butler was charged with criminal sexual assault on a teenage girl.

Republican candidate Richard Gardner admitted to molesting his two daughters.

Republican Councilman and former Marine Jack W. Gardner was convicted of molesting a 13-year old girl.

Republican County Commissioner Merrill Robert Barter pleaded guilty to unlawful sexual contact and assault on a teenage boy.

Republican City Councilman Fred C. Smeltzer, Jr. pleaded no contest to raping a 15 year-old girl and served 6-months in prison.

Republican activist Parker J. Bena pleaded guilty to possession of child pornography on his home computer and was sentenced to 30 months in federal prison and fined $18,000.

Republican parole board officer and former Colorado state representative, Larry Jack Schwarz, was fired after child pornography was found in his possession.

Republican strategist and Citadel Military College graduate Robin Vanderwall was convicted in Virginia on five counts of soliciting sex from boys and girls over the internet.

Republican city councilman Mark Harris, who is described as a "good military man" and "church goer," was convicted of repeatedly having sex with an 11-year-old girl and sentenced to 12 years in prison.

Republican businessman Jon Grunseth withdrew his candidacy for Minnesota governor after allegations surfaced that he went swimming in the nude with four underage girls, including his daughter.

Republican director of the "Young Republican Federation" Nicholas Elizondo molested his 6-year old daughter and was sentenced to six years in prison.

Republican benefactor of conservative Christian groups, Richard A. Dasen Sr., was charged with rape for allegedly paying a 15-year old girl for sex. Dasen, 62, who is married with grown children and several grandchildren, has allegedly told police that over the past decade he paid more than $1 million to have sex with a large number of young girls.

Republican former Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert, who admitted to sexually abusing boys he worked with as a high school wrestling coach.
 

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010
It's gotten so that as soon as I see a virulently anti-gay legislator I immediately have suspicions about their own proclivities.

They always push the idea that being gay=pedo. Perhaps that is because they, themselves, are pedo and confuse the two.

Time for a new addition to the list:
So many Republicans. They make a big deal about Biden, and who could forget Franken getting railroaded, but crickets when it's one of them--which seems to be so much more common.
 

Brenda Archer

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
2,135
Location
Arizona
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
12005
So many Republicans. They make a big deal about Biden, and who could forget Franken getting railroaded, but crickets when it's one of them--which seems to be so much more common.
I'm convinced there's a connection between extreme sexist religion and pedophilia and other types of sexual derangement. If there wasn't before, there is now, just because abusers look for vulnerable people and try to trap them. Why is it always the right wing that tries to defund child protection agencies? And then there's the abuse going on in the immigrant detentions.
 

Dakota Tebaldi

Well-known member
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
9,979
Location
Ohio
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
16791
His lawyer said that he denies any wrong-doing. “He was never convicted,” she told the Arizona Republic.
He pleaded freaking guilty!!! Oh my god, hahahahaha

Do Republicans really want a society where people who plea guilty to a crime get to escape criticism for it because "that's not a conviction", or just a society where Republicans get to do that? ^^
 

Dakota Tebaldi

Well-known member
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
9,979
Location
Ohio
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
16791
I'm convinced there's a connection between extreme sexist religion and pedophilia and other types of sexual derangement.
I think it's religion in general. The sexist attitudes are a part of it, but I think there's also there's the thing where a lot of these religions, in order to be self-consistent the believers have to like to assume that other members of the religion are automatically good, trustworthy, and safe just because they're also believers.

When it comes to pedophilia especially, there's like three little realms in modern civilization where adults are given access and authority over children with little supervision and little gatekeeping: youth groups, youth sports, and religion. And all three of these are swimming with pedos. It's not the details that matter, I think it's just that that's where the kids are.

The education system, kids' health care, and youth corrections also have access to kids, and they definitely have problems with predators too, but not quite as many because the protections are a bit stronger and you can't just become a teacher or doctor on a whim the way you can get into one of those other things.
 
  • 2Thanks
Reactions: Govi and Brenda Archer

Dakota Tebaldi

Well-known member
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
9,979
Location
Ohio
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
16791

They deserve what they get. Whoever started this sick trend of adults making little kids cry because it's "funny" needs to be punched repeatedly in the face. That's not "pranking", that's just straight up bullying. A little kid has no choice but to believe what their parents are telling them is true.
 

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
15,367
Location
Cat Country (Can't Stop Here)
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
24,428
SLU Posts
18459
He pleaded freaking guilty!!! Oh my god, hahahahaha

Do Republicans really want a society where people who plea guilty to a crime get to escape criticism for it because "that's not a conviction", or just a society where Republicans get to do that? ^^
I've never really understood the "no contest" plea.

We don't have them in the UK-- the defendant is innocent until proven guilty, whether by his own confession or the verdict of a jury, so if -- for whatever reason -- the defendant wishes to enter no evidence in his defence, that's up to him, but there's still got to be a trial, with a formal plea of Not Guilty, at which the prosecution presents its case, which can be tested by the defence even if the defence doesn't wish to call evidence to rebut it.

Then, assuming the judge thinks the prosecution has offered sufficient evidence on which they could safely convict if they accept the evidence, the jury consider their verdict.

That seems to me simple and logical. I don't get the point of "I'm not saying I'm guilty but I'm not argue about it" as a plea.
 
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 24, 2018
Messages
3,346
Location
USA, upper left corner
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
10461
I've never really understood the "no contest" plea.

We don't have them in the UK-- the defendant is innocent until proven guilty, whether by his own confession or the verdict of a jury, so if -- for whatever reason -- the defendant wishes to enter no evidence in his defence, that's up to him, but there's still got to be a trial, with a formal plea of Not Guilty, at which the prosecution presents its case, which can be tested by the defence even if the defence doesn't wish to call evidence to rebut it.

Then, assuming the judge thinks the prosecution has offered sufficient evidence on which they could safely convict if they accept the evidence, the jury consider their verdict.

That seems to me simple and logical. I don't get the point of "I'm not saying I'm guilty but I'm not argue about it" as a plea.
The no contest plea is "Look. I'm not admitting I'm guilty, but I am admitting that, yeah, it looks pretty bad for me. You seem to have enough evidence to get a conviction, so let's save everybody a lot of hassle and cut a deal. I'll save a little face and a lot of money, and you don't have to worry that I'll find a genius defense attorney or a particularly dumb jury."

ETA: I forgot to add what is often the most important part -- depending on the state/jurisdiction, a no contest plea may not be admissible as evidence in a subsequent civil trial, while a guilty plea can be.
 
Last edited:
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
24,428
SLU Posts
18459
The no contest plea is "Look. I'm not admitting I'm guilty, but I am admitting that, yeah, it looks pretty bad for me. You seem to have enough evidence to get a conviction, so let's save everybody a lot of hassle and cut a deal. I'll save a little face and a lot of money, and you don't have to worry that I'll find a genius defense attorney or a particularly dumb jury."

ETA: I forgot to add what is often the most important part -- depending on the state/jurisdiction, a no contest plea may not be admissible as evidence in a subsequent civil trial, while a guilty plea can be.
Thanks. It still seems odd to me. Guilty, to my mind, is a binary state. The defendant is presumed to be Not Guilty until the court is persuaded beyond reasonable doubt, either by his guilty plea or the evidence, that he is.

He knows whether he did it or not, after all.
 
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Brenda Archer

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
2,135
Location
Arizona
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
12005
Worse. Much, IMHO. I saw another clip where the poor puppy was sharing, so they're terrorizing it too.
That kid's going to need serious therapy.
This child is being set up for suicide. It’s time for CPS to get involved. And YouTube should ban them.