- Joined
- Sep 21, 2018
- Messages
- 43,694
- Location
- Moonbase Caligula
- SL Rez
- 2008
- Joined SLU
- 2009
- SLU Posts
- 55565
Ah, the Christian spirit on display.
Someone else who needs the bums rush and a bloody nose!Ah, the Christian spirit on display.
![]()
God, I hope that's true!One can hope.
The Supreme Court on Monday handed a sweeping win to former President Donald Trump by ruling states cannot kick him off the ballot over his actions leading up to the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol — bringing a swift end to a case with huge implications for the 2024 election.
The court in an unsigned ruling with no dissents reversed the Colorado Supreme Court, which determined that Trump could not serve again as president under section 3 of the Constitution's 14th Amendment.
The court said the Colorado Supreme Court had wrongly assumed that states can determine whether a presidential candidate is ineligible under a provision of the Constitution’s 14th Amendment.
OK so she didn't kowtow, but then again she didn't kick him in the nuts, either. Basically, she wussed out.Looks like Haley is dropping out, but thankfully not kowtowing to Trump.
Haley didn't announce an endorsement during her remarks Wednesday. Instead, she encouraged Trump, who is close to having the delegates needed to win the GOP nomination, to earn the support of Republicans and independent voters who backed her.
"It is now up to Donald Trump to earn the votes of those in our party and beyond it who did not support him, and I hope he does that," she said. "At its best, politics is about bringing people into your cause, not turning them away. And our conservative cause badly needs more people. This is now his time for choosing."
Perhaps not yet. Pardon my cynicism but we've seen it before with the defeated republicans who talk up a snarly storm and then turn around to polish his shoes. I'm a jaded Canadian, forgive me.Looks like Haley is dropping out, but thankfully not kowtowing to Trump.
You're not wrong there. I'm betting she'll be on her knees licking his boots before too long.Perhaps not yet. Pardon my cynicism but we've seen it before with the defeated republicans who talk up a snarly storm and then turn around to polish his shoes. I'm a jaded Canadian, forgive me.
I see a flaw in this sort of thinking.She's practicing being the "voice of reason" for unreasonable people.
Licking his "boots." Is that what you kids call it these days?You're not wrong there. I'm betting she'll be on her knees licking his boots before too long.
I was standing up applauding to the TV. He addressed so many salient issues during that lively inspiring NOT OLD AND DODDERING speech - Democratic accomplishments re. Covid, prescription costs, education, health care, inflation and cost controls, American manufacturing plus investments, taxing the uber rich, women's issues and reproductive rights, gun control, improvement in crime rates, with extra emphasis on January 6, slamming the Rethugs for their denials, lies and mischaracterizations. He pointedly challenged and held them to account for their refusal to sign off on the bipartisan immigration package despite their promises and heckling on the floor.Who else watched the State of the Union address earlier this evening? That was probably the most energetic SOTUs I remember watching. There were several mic-drop moments, especially where he put MTG in her place.
By contrast, the Republican response by Sen. Katie Britt was downright gag-inducing. She tried so hard to turn on the waterworks in describing American households being in intolerable pain. I lost count how many downright lies she spun in that response.
Have a barf bag handy if you do. It was that bad.I tuned out after the speech so avoided the rebuttal but will try to catch it tonight.
Exactly. If they weren't so odious as a party, I might even be tempted to feel badly for whoever is writing their messages.Have a barf bag handy if you do. It was that bad.
One thing that really stuck out at me was that she delivered her Republican Response FROM HER KITCHEN, as if that's where all women belong! Fuck that shit!