Nobody Cares about TV and Film

Noodles

The sequel will probably be better.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,462
Location
Illinois
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
6947
My parents still use cable but they do use Streaming, mostly Netflix.

Mom complains a lot how much their cable bill is and I keep telling her they should just go streaming only across the board (like we are). They did finally get a different internet provider, dad was kind of married to the old one having spent his whole career at that company but the service they were getting was absolutely terrible. Like slow level DSL terrible.
 

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
7,257
SL Rez
2006
Occasionally they look into adding streaming (technically, they do have one streaming services, since they have Amazon Prime, but they have never used the streaming service), but the fact that their cable and their internet service is through two different companies defeats them.
I have separate cable and internet, too, and it's super easy to add streaming with a Roku box. A one-time cost of around $45 for a device the size of a matchbox. Installs in the TV USB port, connects to your internet like any device, and you have access to Prime and can easily subscribe to any streaming service. We've had it for years and I love it. A click of the remote and you're in the Roku menu.
 
  • 1Agree
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: WolfEyes and Lexxi

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,702
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565
With precious time ticking away, Cillian Murphy is up for 28 Years Later
It’s been 16 years since 28 Weeks Later, and we’re still waiting for an update. 28 months have come and gone without so much as a mention, which leads us to wonder, won’t someone please think of the 28 Days Later fans? Thankfully, with the imminent release of Oppenheimer, interviewers finally have a reason to prod Cillian Murphy about his oft-forgotten zombie-adjacent hit as it languished for more than a decade without another sequel. It’s heartbreaking when you think about it. Anyway, he finally has an answer, sort of. Per Collider, Murphy is “up” for another round of rage runners and recently talked to director Danny Boyle about it. However, he didn’t mention what Boyle thought of his idea—only that Murphy reminded Boyle of how long it’s been since they shot the movie.

“I was talking to Danny Boyle recently, and I said, ‘Danny, we shot the movie at the end of 2000,’” Murphy told Collider. “So I think we’re definitely approaching the 28 Years Later. But like I’ve always said, I’m up for it. I’d love to do it. If Alex [Garland] thinks there’s a script in it and Danny wants to do it, I’d love to do it.”
As nice as it was for Murphy to remind Boyle how long it’s been since they shot, his response doesn’t really offer any new information. Thankfully, screenwriter Alex Garland gave the goods to Inverse last week. Apparently, he and Boyle are “seriously” talking about it. “A few years ago, an idea materialized in my head for what would be really 28 Years Later,” Garland told Inverse. “Danny always liked the idea.”
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: Khamon and Isabeau

Bartholomew Gallacher

Administrator
Joined
Sep 26, 2018
Messages
7,091
SL Rez
2002
Disney Company is at the moment really busy at filming the live action movie version of "Snow White and the seven dwarfs."

This is the new live action dwarf cast:



This for sure will generate a mixed bag of reactions again when in cinemas.
 

Dakota Tebaldi

Well-known member
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
9,979
Location
Ohio
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
16791
Disney Company is at the moment really busy at filming the live action movie version of "Snow White and the seven dwarfs."

This is the new live action dwarf cast:



This for sure will generate a mixed bag of reactions again when in cinemas.
Honestly, like - no joke, that screenshot makes me really want to see this movie, lol
 
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Cat Fratica

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,702
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565
I have Amazon's Fire TV Cube, which is pretty much just a fat, square TV stick sitting in front of my TV. The home screen on it has advertisements for movies and shows on different streaming services (also they sometimes have movies currently in theaters - not sure of the payoff there).

One of the ads right now is for SHARK WEEK. Because Discovery+ is a thing, but it's apparently also running on Max (formerly HBO Max). Just feels a little weird that these formerly short-lived TV events are now streaming as long-term products. I mean, I can have Shark Week in October if I want.
 

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
9,529
Location
Montréal
SL Rez
2007
I subscribed for the free Prime video trial this morning and while browsing the site, I accidentally subscribed to Discovery+ by brushing a fly off my screen. What the ever fuck. They charged me right away and it took me over an hour to cancel it. Kept going from browser to app trying to find my purchase history. They’ll only cancel my fee in 3-5 days, of course. After swearing and asking myself why the f they don’t ask to confirm before, I finally figured out I needed to add a PIN number. I hate them already.
 

Noodles

The sequel will probably be better.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,462
Location
Illinois
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
6947
I subscribed for the free Prime video trial this morning and while browsing the site, I accidentally subscribed to Discovery+ by brushing a fly off my screen. What the ever fuck. They charged me right away and it took me over an hour to cancel it. Kept going from browser to app trying to find my purchase history. They’ll only cancel my fee in 3-5 days, of course. After swearing and asking myself why the f they don’t ask to confirm before, I finally figured out I needed to add a PIN number. I hate them already.
You should be able to set a pin with parental controls. I have that on my Amazon account, for the reason you have here. I don't mind paying or renting occasionally, I just don't want to do it accidentally. The pin is even just 11111.

Amazon has this weird defaults for security though. Like, I can open my browser, it recognizes me, I can one click buy a bunch of digital music. But when I open Amazon Music to play it or download it, in the same browser, often immidiately after, it asks for a password.
 
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
6,768
Location
NJ suburb of Philadelphia
SL Rez
2003
SLU Posts
4494
Stalker - 1979

What is this? A guide takes a couple of people to the Zone. There is much peril. One asks the guide why do people go here? He answers, to find happiness. What is happiness anyway? There lies much of the question in this movie I think. Once one gets further into the zone and into the room the path is always changing. Here is one little quote.

You were talking about the meaning of our life...
...the unselfishness of art.
Now, take music.
It's connected least of all with reality.
Or, if connected, then it's without ideas.
It's merely sound without associations.
Nevertheless, music miraculously penetrates your very soul.
What chord in us responds to its harmonies...
...transforming it into a source of delight,
uniting us and shattering us?
 
  • 1WTF??
  • 1lolwut?
Reactions: WolfEyes and Govi

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
9,529
Location
Montréal
SL Rez
2007
Just watched Everything Everywhere All at Once again. Laughed and cried again. I’d loved to have that red Punk cardigan. I guess I’ll have to settle for a bagel for breakfast tomorrow morning. 🥯
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: Essence Lumin and Free