Nobody Cares: PRS

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
15,369
Location
Cat Country (Can't Stop Here)
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Looking at these photos, I'm less and less concerned that Trump will run again in 2024....



My 85 year old idiot father in law is still able to destroy himself. Propped up by enablers this clown can still destroy multicellular life on Earth.
 
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Govi
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
6,768
Location
NJ suburb of Philadelphia
SL Rez
2003
SLU Posts
4494
I hope he will remain a viable but pathetic candidate in 2024, just enough to split the Republican party.
 
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Rose Karuna

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
24,428
SLU Posts
18459
I'm sure this fits perfectly into "Nobody Cares: Politics edition":
Three random, I mean, three groups have come together to form a third political party.

"Not left, not right, FORWARD!" - I think the article said was their official motto.



They may not be aware that ‘Ni droite, ni gauche, francais!’ was the title of a 1996 book by Samuel Maréchal, then a leading member of the youth wing of Jean-Marie LePen's Front National.
 

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
15,369
Location
Cat Country (Can't Stop Here)
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
They may not be aware that ‘Ni droite, ni gauche, francais!’ was the title of a 1996 book by Samuel Maréchal, then a leading member of the youth wing of Jean-Marie LePen's Front National.
Ah, the Knights who say Ni are a mocking the French reference. I did not make that connection until just now.
 

Lexxi

meow
Joined
Sep 26, 2018
Messages
1,374
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
12-14-2007
SLU Posts
6381
I hope he will remain a viable but pathetic candidate in 2024, just enough to split the Republican party.
Probably one of the few ways a third party candidate could squeak in. Though more likely cause the race to be tossed to House to pick president as no one reached the needed elector count (270 or more). Senate picks VP.

Playing around CNN map, I can see a way for things to get split. We are talking about roughly two people on the level of Teddy Roosevelt, though. Leading the charge for the Progressives in 1912, he got more votes, ~4.1m, than the Republican candidate, Taft (~3.6 million).

2024: Trump, for some reason, doesn't get Republican nomination, DeSantis does. So Trump runs as a third party candidate, Golden Throne party. With the high unfavorable numbers for both Biden & Harris, someone else would need to step in.

Republican: DeSantis
Golden Throne: Trump
Democrat: Michelle Obama
Science Party: Anthony Fauci (highly unlikely)
Democrat-Socialist: AOC (what, Colbert asked her and she giggled or somethin like that).
Green: Al Gore

Was trying to think of "who to run" (on a Roosevelt level) and hit a wall. heh. Sanders would be too old. Warren might run again but also has age issue. Fauci old and unlikely to run. AOC too young. Added Al Gore just to add him (six years younger than Sanders; 1 year older than Warren).

Quite frankly, I wasn't "excited" about any of the people who ran in the primaries the last go around.
 

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
24,428
SLU Posts
18459

Evernote link


A former police officer who shared what are alleged to be “grossly offensive” messages in a WhatsApp group that included Wayne Couzens has told a court that his training failed to account for diversity and educate him in what words are offensive.

“It seems like almost every week there is a word that is offensive. How are you supposed to know what is offensive?” said Joel Borders, who had joked with other officers about raping and beating a colleague and using Tasers on people with Down’s syndrome, who he referred to as “downys”.

“There is nothing in the training that gives you a specific word that is offensive,” he said.
Giving evidence on Friday, Borders became increasingly irritated as he was questioned by legal counsel for the Crown Prosecution Service about one of his comments on the group, when he said: “I can’t wait to get on guns so I can shoot some cunt in the face!”

He compared this to when a teacher friend might joke about wanting to “strangle” a student, claiming that what he had said was “clearly a joke”.
“I don’t even know why this is here. I don’t know why you are questioning it. It’s ridiculous,” he said.

Borders also claimed that, when he posted another comment that referred to a female colleague, he didn’t believe she or others would be offended when he stated: “She will use me as an example. Lead me on then get me locked up when I rape and beat her! Sneaky bitch.”
I feel for his counsel.
 

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
833
Location
Miami,FL
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
2010
SLU Posts
1965
i'm surprised we don't have a desantis thread, i feel like he picks a new target every week...


1)Shouldn't this fall under parents the responsibility? if they want to bring kids to a show thats on them.
2)it's a private business.. they can do what they want.
3) this is nothing compared to what happens on Miami beach...
 

Dakota Tebaldi

Well-known member
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
9,979
Location
Ohio
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
16791
Cognitive dissonance, what's that