Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts

It's annoying that Cheney has to be the face of the committee, but that's the reality we live in.
Actually, I've now seen interviews with her, Schiff, Kinzinger.... and I don't even watch TV.

Oh, and the female Rep from California who is on the committee, but I can't remember her name; older woman.

I think any of the committee who is willing, has been doing interviews lately.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

I'm hoping it goes for a couple seasons, at least.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts

I honestly hope that by the end we know -every-single-guilty-party- so we can clean them out of places where they can cause further problems - since the insurrection that the FBI says isn't, is still going on.

And also, why the fuck is a member of the Federalist Society still in charge of the FBI anyway?

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
THE SECRET SERVICE erased text messages from January 5 and January 6, 2021, according to a letter given to the January 6 committee and reviewed by The Intercept. The letter was originally sent by the Department of Homeland Security Office of Inspector General to the House and Senate homeland security committees. Though the Secret Service maintains that the text messages were lost as a result of a “device-replacement program,” the letter says the erasure took place shortly after oversight officials requested the agency’s electronic communications.
Oh those device replacement programs. Always causing problems.

• 1Angry
Reactions: Ryanna Enfield

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts

I just wonder how much ketchup now adorns the walls at Mar-a-Lardo, and if there's still room for more.

• 1Like
Reactions: Govi

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Unfortunately,

However, Tuesday's document production didn't include any of the potentially missing texts from January 5 and6, 2021, a Secret Service official told CNN. That's because the agency still has not been able to recover any records that were lost during a phone migration around that time, the official said.

"Any message that was not uploaded by the employee as a government record would have been lost during the migration," the USSS official told CNN, referring to the agency's backup procedures.

Before the phone migration, Secret Service employees were supposed to manually back up their text messages. If any employees skipped that step, their texts would have been permanently deleted when their phones got wiped during the migration.

The Secret Service insists that it is still trying to recover any lost messages.

• 1Facepalm
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Unfortunately,

However, Tuesday's document production didn't include any of the potentially missing texts from January 5 and6, 2021, a Secret Service official told CNN. That's because the agency still has not been able to recover any records that were lost during a phone migration around that time, the official said.

"Any message that was not uploaded by the employee as a government record would have been lost during the migration," the USSS official told CNN, referring to the agency's backup procedures.

Before the phone migration, Secret Service employees were supposed to manually back up their text messages. If any employees skipped that step, their texts would have been permanently deleted when their phones got wiped during the migration.

The Secret Service insists that it is still trying to recover any lost messages.
Yeah.... I'd love to see what wasn't lost. Also, not sure how those aren't out there somewhere....

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Kind of agree except that the individual backup plan is stupid, was stupid, and probably was not enforced. They may be scrambling to not explain that SS agents have been able to text freely, while on duty, with no oversight at all. Butts will be in slings over this unintentionally redirected debacle and the Great Grifter will remain confidently untouched.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
YOU NEVER DEPEND ON END-USERS TO BACKUP ANYTHING.

Sheesh. That's desktop support 101.

I had one guy who was using some Windows program that had huge files, and this was the '90s and networks were kind of slow, so I set up a backup disk on his PC, and Seagate Backup Exec or something to back up his local profile to it. The backup disk failed and that's when it was revealed that he had been storing everything on the backup disk itself. Yes, just like that Penny Arcade strip.