The 1/6 hearings

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
SL Rez
Joined SLU
MAGA-rioting mom 'left six minor children unattended' to be at Trump's 'Stop the Steal' rally (msn.com)

An accused U.S. Capitol rioter left her children at home to take part in the Jan. 6 insurrection.

As flagged by CBS News' Scott MacFarlane, federal prosecutors allege that accused MAGA rioter Rachel Powell shared custody of six minor children with her ex-husband but left them unattended while she traveled from her home in Sandy Lake, Pennsylvania, to take part in efforts to overturn Donald Trump's election loss, which she believed might trigger a civil war.

GoblinCampFollower

SL Rez
A lot of those corporations will just mindlessly donate to incumbents to try to make deals without really supporting either party consistently... that's not an excuse so much as an explanation. I would love it if the exposure from this causes some of those companies to rethink those policies. I know my company would donate to literally anyone who holds office in a district they have business in... But I have no intention of ever donating to their PAC.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
It's so hilarious. Fox News so wants Carlson out there garbage-talking the hearings that they're actually forgoing any commercial breaks during his show - that's right, they're putting him up there completely on their own dime - but like, they won't even show a little clip of the on-location videos. Not even so Tucker can like, make fun of it, or spin it, or take 3 seconds out of a half-hour video so he can say "look these guys are totally peaceful"; NONE of it, lol.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
It's so hilarious. Fox News so wants Carlson out there garbage-talking the hearings that they're actually forgoing any commercial breaks during his show - that's right, they're putting him up there completely on their own dime - but like, they won't even show a little clip of the on-location videos. Not even so Tucker can like, make fun of it, or spin it, or take 3 seconds out of a half-hour video so he can say "look these guys are totally peaceful"; NONE of it, lol.
There's a different reason they went commercial-free during that period. They didn't want any of their viewers switching over to a channel carrying the hearing during a commercial break.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Watched the second hearing. I guess the first one was sort of the setup and hook. Now we're looking at the meat and potatoes.

An indication of how serious I feel this is, I'm not waiting so I can skip through TFG's bits, even though his voice makes me want to barf - also, seriously recommend C-Span directly [I'm watching on Yuo-tubes], just so no extra commentary.

Isabeau

Merdeuse
I see clips on local news and it's more than enough. It's mostly what we all know already, and seeing/hearing Trump every night all over again is excruciating.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Anyone know where to find a recording of today's hearings? I wasn't free to listen (pesky job) and my wife was off at medical appointments.

Ryanna Enfield

I learned that Trump funded the January 6th Insurrection with 5 million dollars of small donor's money from his Save America Pac marketing grift. Why am I not surprised?

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Govi

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Are we voting on this?

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤