The Russia-Ukraine War has begun

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
4,502
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
2009
This makes me wish I was the typical USian gun nut so I could send them my horde - but my horde is knives and swords.
Ah so you are the leader of the Silent Assassins. I should have known. May I ask when we are going to be deployed? 😇
 
  • 1Love
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
4,140
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
9410
Ah so you are the leader of the Silent Assassins. I should have known. May I ask when we are going to be deployed? 😇
I'm working on figuring out if it'd work better to curse the ones who are at the root of this, or to bless those fighting the evil. Will influence what sorts of candles I get.
And me? Leader? *hides*
 
  • 1LOL
Reactions: WolfEyes

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
4,502
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
2009
I'm working on figuring out if it'd work better to curse the ones who are at the root of this, or to bless those fighting the evil. Will influence what sorts of candles I get.
And me? Leader? *hides*
Curses tend to backfire. Hard. Use the sage instead. ;)

Well... at least I didn't say fearless leader. 🤭
 
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
4,140
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
9410
Curses tend to backfire. Hard. Use the sage instead. ;)

Well... at least I didn't say fearless leader. 🤭
I tend to do 'May this person get exactly what they deserve' for curses. And thank you [though in FFXIV, that's my tongue in cheek rank.]
 
  • 1Yay!
Reactions: WolfEyes

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
4,140
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
9410
Don't think of it as a curse then. More like wishing karma on them. That works, too. The ex got his. I'm still alive and he isn't.
Yup, but that can be a curse, if you've earned bad karma. [And done it myself a few times, sometimes not even intentionally.]
 

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
4,502
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
2009
Yup, but that can be a curse, if you've earned bad karma. [And done it myself a few times, sometimes not even intentionally.]
The bad things I've done in my life do not come even close to what he did to me. I've never beat anyone in the head, never broken anyone's ribs, never fired a 9mm off at anyone's head, tried to push them out of a moving El Camino at 60mph onto a gravel shoulder. I've never raped anyone either. I won't go into all the emotional and mental abuse.

I've think I've paid my karmic dues a few times over.
 

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
4,140
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
9410
The bad things I've done in my life do not come even close to what he did to me. I've never beat anyone in the head, never broken anyone's ribs, never fired a 9mm off at anyone's head, tried to push them out of a moving El Camino at 60mph onto a gravel shoulder. I've never raped anyone either. I won't go into all the emotional and mental abuse.

I've think I've paid my karmic dues a few times over.
Oh, no! Not you - I more meant that cursing someone to get hit by karma is a curse, if they have done enough wrong.
 
  • 1Hug
Reactions: WolfEyes

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
4,502
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
2009
Oh, no! Not you - I more meant that cursing someone to get hit by karma is a curse, if they have done enough wrong.
I was just saying that I don't think I've earned that much bad karma. But yeah, wishes can be curses and vice versa.

Just not horses.
 
  • 1Hug
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
4,062
How much karma am I losing for wishing "Shoot, Shovel, Shutup" on someone after just reading the past few posts in this thread?
 
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Caete

Sid

Member from the past.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
7,133
I don't think a certain mister Putin will do the happy dance today.

But in fact I never understood the blurring.
If an enemy is clueless about what to attack in a country, simply pick as much blurred objects as possible.
 

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
24,428
SLU Posts
18459
I don't think a certain mister Putin will do the happy dance today.

But in fact I never understood the blurring.
If an enemy is clueless about what to attack in a country, simply pick as mu, ch blurred objects as possible.
I don't think the images for Russia are particularly up-to-date (someone was saying that they show the Moskva still in harbour), but he can't be very pleased that Google are publicising Russian military secrets.
 
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Sid

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,963
Location
20 Minutes into the future
SL Rez
2006
Wow, after 4 years of out of service for repairs (yet again) the Kuznetsov is nowhere close to being ready for sea trials in 2023. Off hand I'd say she needs 18-24 months of repairs. You'd think Russia would want her fixed fast as it is their only aircraft carrier, but she's a cursed ship and essentially obsolete despite the upgrades over the last 40 years.
 
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Innula Zenovka