WTF Climate Change News

Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
6,768
Location
NJ suburb of Philadelphia
SL Rez
2003
SLU Posts
4494

Sid

Member from the past.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
7,133
Permanently hold up your pee helps too, costs no tax money and is very effectively.
Mmm.... might be a good solution for that kind of Reps.
 

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
7,254
SL Rez
2006
I'm somewhat skeptical about the "unlikely" tags sprinkled about, since the one consistent theme of climate science for the past 20 years has been "oh, this is happening faster than we anticipated". But taking this at face value, assuming their projections are spot on, anyone who lives beyond 2040 is in for a very rough ride.
 

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
24,428
SLU Posts
18459
I'm somewhat skeptical about the "unlikely" tags sprinkled about, since the one consistent theme of climate science for the past 20 years has been "oh, this is happening faster than we anticipated". But taking this at face value, assuming their projections are spot on, anyone who lives beyond 2040 is in for a very rough ride.
Looks like I was born about the right time, then, since that's around my expected maximum lifespan, at most, so I probably won't live to see it.
 
  • 2Agree
Reactions: Archer and Beebo Brink

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
7,254
SL Rez
2006
Looks like I was born about the right time, then, since that's around my expected maximum lifespan, at most, so I probably won't live to see it.
Same here. By 2040 I'd be 86 years old, and that's frankly an unlikely age for me to reach given my health "challenges." I'm okay with checking out sooner, given the generally blessed life I've lived up until now and the very stressful times that I would face in my dotage.
 

Arkady Arkright

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 12, 2018
Messages
814
Same here. By 2040 I'd be 86 years old, and that's frankly an unlikely age for me to reach given my health "challenges." I'm okay with checking out sooner, given the generally blessed life I've lived up until now and the very stressful times that I would face in my dotage.
I'd be 93. I have every intention of lasting as long as possible - 'checking out sooner' may be acceptable to some, but I'm with Dylan Thomas Do not go gentle into that good night.
 
  • 1Eye Roll
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
7,254
SL Rez
2006
I'd be 93. I have every intention of lasting as long as possible - 'checking out sooner' may be acceptable to some, but I'm with Dylan Thomas Do not go gentle into that good night.
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you misinterpreted my reference to "checking out" as a potential voluntary action on my part. As opposed to the fact that I have progressive heart disease and damaged lungs. My "intentions" to live as long as possible are irrelevant.
 

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
4,502
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
2009
I'm kind of Arkady and Beebs rolled into one. Even with my not so good health, as long as I am not in any lasting pain, I'll fight the Reaper tooth and nail.