US Election Day 2020

Dakota Tebaldi

Well-known member
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
9,979
Location
Ohio
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
16791
Biden's lead in PA has actually slipped a tiny bit, from 9k to 8.8k. Just a reminder that not ALL the votes PA is now counting are Biden votes, Donald.

But, Biden's lead is still expected to grow.
 

Sid

Member from the past.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
7,133
Speaking of comparisons:

I know, but still. America is so fucked up politically that it needs huge security messurements. That has very little to do with the size of the country IMHO.
NL is part of a bigger coalition of countries with open borders as well.
 

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,190
Location
Minnesnowta
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
If PA holds, we, or rather the voters and all of the hard working campaign folks as well as everyone who urged friends and family to vote, will have taken back the three states of Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, which helped propel Trump to office.

That feels good! Big shout out to our own PA hero, Shiloh!
 

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
24,428
SLU Posts
18459
Many poor people view LGBTQ as a decadence among rich people, even though this flies in the face of evidence. Trans people in particular are often very poor...
Do they? That might well be the case, but I would like to see the evidence first.

I took a quick look on Google, and found this -- the first and only result I looked at -- from earlier in the year

Where does the British public stand on transgender rights?

Across the survey two distinct groups of opinion emerged, based on politics, gender and age. Labour, Lib Dem and Remain voters, along with women and younger people, are likelier to hold more trans-friendly views than Conservative and Leave voters, men and older people.

Attitudes differ somewhat by class, although generally to a much lesser extent than these other demographic factors, and more because people in the C2DE socio-economic group are more likely to respond “don’t know” than their ABC1 counterparts rather than actually taking an opposing view.
The UK might be an outlier -- as I said, I didn't bother to look at the other hits -- but that's what I found.

ETA: It shouldn't need saying, but, at least to my mind, human rights shouldn't depend on the consent of the majority.
 
Last edited:

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
24,428
SLU Posts
18459
Quotes Karl Rove:
“Some hanky-panky always goes on, and there are already reports of poll watchers in Philadelphia not being allowed to do their jobs,” Rove said. “But stealing hundreds of thousands of votes would require a conspiracy on the scale of a James Bond movie. That isn’t going to happen. Let’s repeat that: that isn’t going to happen.”
 

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
937
Location
A virtual world. And Pennsylvania.
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
August, 2008
If PA holds, we, or rather the voters and all of the hard working campaign folks as well as everyone who urged friends and family to vote, will have taken back the three states of Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, which helped propel Trump to office.

That feels good! Big shout out to our own PA hero, Shiloh!
I don't want to embarrass her, but I do want to give a shout out to Beebo Brink. She knows why, and she's one amazing human. I know you all know that, already, but I think it goes much deeper than most realize. She might not have been physically with me at marches, rallies, canvasses or phone banks, but I know without one doubt she was always there in spirit.
 

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,190
Location
Minnesnowta
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
Dec 2010

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,190
Location
Minnesnowta
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
I think that we have to give it up to black folks, especially black women, also latinos in the SW. They delivered. They gave us a victory (still assuming one). This has come down to more than a few black-majority cities. Cities who have been targeted for all sorts of disenfranchisment, removal of polling locations and other dastardly behaviors.

Watching these white people attempting to take away their votes, even now by storming counting centers, planning to shoot up others and fuckface's legal moves is disgusting.

White people almost gave us Trump again. Black and latino folks saved us. We owe a debt of gratitude.