How COVID-19 is affecting society

danielravennest

SLU Posts
what are your communities doing?
My city park, the one diagonally across the street from where I live, has been closed for months. We don't have any homeless of the kind who live on the streets that I know of. I do see the occasional panhandler in store parking lots, but I don't know their living situation. This is suburbia. The situation in downtown Atlanta may be entirely different.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Pancake

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Anti maskers often speak in terms of how it is (isn’t) affective in protecting themselves, or how people who wear them are pussies, sheep... it’s like they can’t even contemplate that people are wearing them to protect others.

Their immense lack of empathy would be fascinating (in a psychological way) if it wasn’t so infuriating and dangerous

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Anti maskers often speak in terms of how it is (isn’t) affective in protecting themselves, or how people who wear them are pussies, sheep... it’s like they can’t even contemplate that people are wearing them to protect others.

Their immense lack of empathy would be fascinating (in a psychological way) if it wasn’t so infuriating and dangerous
Jokes on them though, because while it won't protect the wearer from getting any viral load, it does lessen it, so it does protect them at least a little bit.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
If two large planes crashed every day in the US, killing everyone on board, the nation would be despondent.

If the US suffered a loss of life on the scale of the 9/11 attacks -- 50 times over -- the tragedy would be incomprehensible.

But that's how many lives coronavirus has claimed in the US since this pandemic started just six months ago.

More than 150,000 people have died since the first known US death in February. That means every day, an average of more than 850 Americans have died from Covid-19.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Also, according to hearsay Turning Point USA is now deleting their tweets where they've mocked COVID-19, mask wearing, etc.

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Florida state supported testing sites are being shutdown ahead of Tropical Storm Isaias to give them time to break down tents and store equipment and keep the testers safe. conditions are supposed to deteriorate over the weekend and give us some nice stay at home weather... everything will roll back out as the storm passes.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly

Sovereignty

SL Rez
But what role does demon sperm play in his illness? That's what I want to know!
I've binged Supernatural on Netflix and that's never come up. :unsure:

ETA: Demon sperm I mean. Angel [and archangel] sperm has indirectly.
ETA2: FWIW, Angel sperm includes the term "spawn of Satan" [broadly speaking] since Lucifer is an archangel.

Last edited:
  • 1Agree
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Shiloh Lyric and Free