what was the first record you ever bought?

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
Minnesnowta
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Oh, shoot, Cristale. Yes, that record was a game changer, especially for those who came up listening to it. I was already a teenager, and yes, to me, it was also a game changer.

Michael Jackson, yo. Regardless of whatever happened later, back then, yeah, he was the man/I spent a whole lot of time listening to him on cassette (we had moved onto the next technology by that time).

Tupac later did his own thing, which was similar, even though by that time I was way older.

Last edited:

Elissia

Sep 24, 2018
Well, secular music was verboten growing up, and I’d had more than enough hymns ‘n such between church and school, so I ended up developing a love of classical music. My very first purchase when I was old enough was this. I was a weird kid.

I even got a chance to hear him perform at a summer music camp once - granted there were no pyrotechnics or mosh pits but i was thrilled - my first concert!

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
Minnesnowta
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
I do love classical music, myself. Often, it hits me down deep far further than other music. Something to be proud of for you! We are all proud of our given musical tastes. No reason for you not to be. I find that classical brings out all sorts of emotion for me. Good, bad and otherwise. I use it often when I want to be contemplative. It's surprisingly soothing, even when it's at its most emotion-grabbing. When I find myself needing to think clearly, I don't reach for any modern music, but clasical.

Last edited: