US Election Day 2020

Dakota Tebaldi

Well-known member
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
9,979
Location
Ohio
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
16791
Biden to speak at 1030pm ET.

Nobody has called PA yet, so this will probably not be a victory speech and poor Joe will likely just have to give another "almost there, be patient" reassurance. He knows they've won it; their team know they've won it; but the work to restore the dignity of the offices Biden and Harris just won has already started.
 

Jopsy Pendragon

*Very* disappointed with 2026 so far.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,205
Location
San Diego CA
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
2007
SLU Posts
11308
The House shifted red and the Senate held.

Which makes me think that there's more than a few republican voters who showed up specifically to vote against trump.
 

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
4,062
Serious question now: of the 5 states, which have extended deadlines for counting late ballots postmarked on election day by a) legislative action and b) non-legislative action? I ask because the latter are endangered because of the current/future supreme court makeup which is hostile to the latter.
 
  • 1Interesting
Reactions: Dakota Tebaldi

Dakota Tebaldi

Well-known member
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
9,979
Location
Ohio
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
16791
Now I kind of wish I'd been keeping track of the like hundred different headlines that all the major news sites have had to come up with for the last two days to say the exact same thing, that "Biden is about to win but they're still counting". Like they have to change the headline every couple hours but it still has to say the exact same thing, it's hilarious. Two straight days and counting.
 

Willow Matthews

New member
Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
135
I like that Joe has this. I'm so very happy for you all. Fuck I'm happy for the world.
But now is the time to have compassion for a very unwell person and tell his leeches aka family to pick his bones in private.

Keep the nice America. You are going to be happier if that can happen.
Yeah yeah, blah blah.
I'm not saying forgive the cunt. I'm saying be you.
Not you in this moment. Fucking party!
But you the way you want to be.

Because you'll want to be you for the rest of your life.
Not just the next four years.

Love ya's all. <3
 

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,190
Location
Minnesnowta
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
I like that Joe has this. I'm so very happy for you all. Fuck I'm happy for the world.
But now is the time to have compassion for a very unwell person and tell his leeches aka family to pick his bones in private.

Keep the nice America. You are going to be happier if that can happen.
Yeah yeah, blah blah.
I'm not saying forgive the cunt. I'm saying be you.
Not you in this moment. Fucking party!
But you the way you want to be.

Because you'll want to be you for the rest of your life.
Not just the next four years.

Love ya's all. <3

Mmmm...how to begin? I know you mean well, so please, please do not take this as any attack upon you.

This man is responsible for untold misery from the very first day he stepped into office, heck even before that when he was labeling immigrants as criminals and rapists. Some immigrants had to endure attacks because of that. Then we move on to everything he has done at the border, separating parents from their babies. Shall I begin with his Covid response now, which has left this country reeling, and in loss of over 230k of our citizens?

This isn't really going to be a fair comparison because he has not reached the level of a Hitler, YET, but um...when the Allies were fixing to close in on Berlin, were they thinking about offering Hitler a "compassionate response"?

Now, I'm not saying he should be "tarred and feathered" or anything, but ultimately, when dealing with this kind of dysfunction/evil, compassion is seen as a weakness and repaid with more evil.

I say? Let NY have at him. Let him pay for his crimes. Since that is only state violations of law, he would still get off for the majority of his crimes, but let him pay.'

Acknowledgment of wrongdoing is desirable, but not required to submit someone to penance.
 

Willow Matthews

New member
Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
135
Mmmm...how to begin? I know you mean well, so please, please do not take this as any attack upon you.

This man is responsible for untold misery from the very first day he stepped into office, heck even before that when he was labeling immigrants as criminals and rapists. Some immigrants had to endure attacks because of that. Then we move on to everything he has done at the border, separating parents from their babies. Shall I begin with his Covid response now, which has left this country reeling, and in loss of over 230k of our citizens?

This isn't really going to be a fair comparison because he has not reached the level of a Hitler, YET, but um...when the Allies were fixing to close in on Berlin, were they thinking about offering Hitler a "compassionate response"?

Now, I'm not saying he should be "tarred and feathered" or anything, but ultimately, when dealing with this kind of dysfunction/evil, compassion is seen as a weakness and repaid with more evil.

I say? Let NY have at him. Let him pay for his crimes. Since that is only state violations of law, he would still get off for the majority of his crimes, but let him pay.'

Acknowledgment of wrongdoing is desirable, but not required to submit someone to penance.
Yeah sweet. I'm not worried about him. He will get what he'll get and do what he will do.
Right now I'm giving the care to you guys.
Don't twist your shit with loathing.
Talk about it. Act upon it as you will.

But hate hits the heart and changes good people to bitter ones.

I don't want that last for years to have done that to any of you.
I know what he's done.
And that's then.

You guys are now.
That's how well I mean.
My heart to yours basically.

So I'll leave it at that!
Once a fucking hippy, always a hippy huh?

:D Mwah!
 

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,190
Location
Minnesnowta
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Seriously. I probably shouldn't have typed. But it's done.
<3
It's okay, Willow.

I think I'm going to have to bring the point home.

People died lying in the hallways of hospitals in NYC and other states BECAUSE our President hates any state that didn't vote for him. He wanted to punish them. That kind of malice, is FAR worse than anything you think we may be capable of visiting upon him.

People died with no loved ones around, for those in the hallways, not even a chance to say goodbye via Facechat or whatever. Then, they were packed into refrigerated trucks because they were just so overwhelmed.

This was deliberate.

The pain that gives to any of us is nothing compared to their last breaths. We SHOULD be angry on their behalf.

That is just the early part of the pandemic. That does not include his ridiculous brainwashing of his people to refuse to wear masks in public locations. Oh, and yeah some innocent folks have been murdered when simply asking them to wear them, alongside untold numbers of people infected by these walking incubators.

You, please, have to try and understand that this is deliberate negligence, slipping into genocide on a mass scale. It gets even better. When he realized that the majority of folks dying were poor and/or minority he fully decided that he was on board with letting them die.
 

Bartholomew Gallacher

Administrator
Joined
Sep 26, 2018
Messages
7,089
SL Rez
2002
Is it really? Or were some of those who flip always torn between being socially conservative and favouring a socialist economy?
Yes, it is mainly the Left's fault in Germany that they lost many of their long term supporters. Especially in the part that makes up the former GDR and they had quite long time strong two digit numbers election after election for over two decades up to almost 30%, and most of their voters are still alive. This was something in the former Western states many didn't understood, standard question "Why on Earth are you still supporting that one party so much, which basically ran and owned the dictatorship which was the GDR for over 40 years and all they did after the unification was change their name but not their staff?"

Our right wing party AfD is really strong in those areas, sponging up those people and all were just wondering in the beginning "Now what's there wrong?" after the land slide happened over night from far Left to far Right. Especially since the GDR was supposed to be entirely anti fascist according to their own propaganda and education.

The Left still doesn't understand until today, why so many of their former voters are there now far right. Pegida also started in a formerly eastern city, in Dresden. Saxony is quite well populated with right wing supporters.
 
Last edited: