Tilia, a prelude to decline?

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
I can only work with what you've been providing so far - bullshittery at its finest and hot air. Aside that, all which needs to be told in your case has already been said, so what do you expect - new insights?

Gaining insights is only possible when you've got an open mind; but since what you do crave in reality is only confirmation for your narrow minded world view, and the main consensus here is different, you won't get that here.

Last edited:

Val

n00b!1
Joined SLU
03/07/2017
SLU Posts
I must ask why are you against utility bills used as proof but not ID as the first only confirms person exists and presumably lives at the address they are paying bill from while second one can be copied and recreated to steal your identity. To drag that matter out - there really is no secure company dealing with finances left as all had leaks recently.

To a lot of people the Tilla debacle will be irrelevant and not because they do not own businesses but because they already dealt with similar services that had same requirements imposed. On the other hand - SL used to be much more anal so it is amusing you mention the decline as it went opposite way. At one point they only accepted credit cards and verified adult users with IDs so LL relaxed that much more.

Myficals

Nein!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts
Funny? Do you need to be entertained or something?
You know what is funny, people like you that waste their time with no actual arguments but just air.
Dude, you have been studiously ignoring multiple posts explaining why Tilia is not the end of the world and why it is necessary if Second Life is to continue. You haven't even attempted to engage with any factual information raised in this thread for no reason other than it contradicting your pre-made assumptions.

This place is not your echo chamber. We're not here to blithely agree with your half formed ideas. Frankly, whatever contempt you feel you are getting here is entirely on you. People have tried to explain to you why your assumptions are wrong and you have stuck your fingers in your ears and shouted "Nah, nah, nah, can't here you!"

And by the way, I know for a fact at least one person who probably cashes out more in a month than you've cashed out ever has posted in this thread with a rather large "meh." So you're wrong about that too.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
It is a shame this poster hasn't been here longer. If he had been, he would know that the majority of people here are not exactly LL enthusiasts by any stretch of the imagination, and realize that if this crowd isn't up in arms over Tilia it's a fairly safe bet it's not as bad as you fear.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
He perfectly follows Beeb's scedule.

Tetrasodium ethylenediaminetetraacetate dissolves in water.
Let's do that.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
As i see this thread content is deteriorating it seems that most of you don't care about the future of the platform you are in, the general sentiment is that the average iq here is gradually going below 80, i guess you deserve everything that LL throws at you after all. I yet have to see people who actually cash out answering the questions.
Dude. Get real. It doesn't matter what we think about Tilia, it's happening. Nothing we say or do is going to change that. All you're asking for is someone to join your pity party and we don't know you well enough to hold your hand during this difficult time.

If you don't want to meet LL's standards, then don't. If can't meet them, then call up LL support and see if there are alternatives you can use. But either way, we can't solve your problem, and any sympathy we may have had for your plight has evaporated in the face of your misplaced hostility.

We're not an LL-fan group by any means, but most of us got over the spittle-rage phase a long time ago. There's only so long you can bang your head against a brick wall. It's a Love-it-or-leave-it situation, because you don't get to vote on LL policy.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
He perfectly follows Beeb's scedule.
Yeah, it's really depressing how predictable people can be. But you can see it coming a mile away when the first post someone makes is to rage at some LL policy. They don't come for answers, they come for validation of their anger, and if we don't provide that validation they get nasty. Every. single. time.

Chin Rey

Lag fighter
SL Rez
I don't have any problem with giving my ID to valid corporations that actually cover my ass in case their site gets hacked and money are lost (see, Secure Asset Fund for Users (SAFU) for example).
I see what you mean but the point is that as far as we can see, there are no differences between Tilia and Linden Lab here. The security measures should be the same and the personal data they require is exactly the same LL already required from anybody who wanted to withdraw money. So unless you have some actual information saying otherwise, the answer is that the switch to Tilia doesn't change anything when it comes to security.

tetrasodium

SL Rez
I can only work with what you've been providing so far - bullshittery at its findest and hot air. Aside that, all which needs to be told in your case has already been said, so what do you expect - new insights?
Not sure if you lost your capacity to read or something, the thread was made for people who own business/stores. If you are not any of these why you even bother to reply? Bullshittery you say, can you elaborate that.

I must ask why are you against utility bills used as proof but not ID
As i said the utility bill is not under my name therefore invalid.

Really dude?
Well sorry if i can't take seriously people who post cats and preschool jokes in such thread.

Dude, you have been studiously ignoring multiple posts explaining why Tilia is not the end of the world and why it is necessary if Second Life is to continue. You haven't even attempted to engage with any factual information raised in this thread for no reason other than it contradicting your pre-made assumptions.
This place is not your echo chamber. We're not here to blithely agree with your half formed ideas. Frankly, whatever contempt you feel you are getting here is entirely on you. People have tried to explain to you why your assumptions are wrong and you have stuck your fingers in your ears and shouted "Nah, nah, nah, can't here you!"
And by the way, I know for a fact at least one person who probably cashes out more in a month than you've cashed out ever has posted in this thread with a rather large "meh." So you're wrong about that too.
Again, do you cash out? If not, don't speak for other people. Look LL is free to change their Tos as they want I'm totally ok with this, the thing that I'm trying to say is that this additional "hassle" may damage slightly or more the platform, but that's just my opinion.

Tilia, it's happening
I get it

All you're asking for is someone to join your pity party
All i wanted to know is how people who cash out were are going to handle this, that's it.

the personal data they require is exactly the same LL already required from anybody who wanted to withdraw money
Actually i didn't need to compile anything of that just before 1st August to be able to withdraw money. All that was needed is paypal or skrill account.

• 1ROFL
Reactions: Spirits Rising

Chin Rey

Lag fighter
SL Rez
Actually i didn't need to compile anything of that just before 1st August to be able to withdraw money.
Yes, you did, at least technically. If Linden Lab forgot to obtain positive identification from you before they paid, they made a serious mistake because that would be illegal. Lucky for you perhaps but they would have noticed sooner or later even without the switch to Tilia.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
Not sure if you lost your capacity to read or something, the thread was made for people who own business/stores. If you are not any of these why you even bother to reply?
This forum was made for members of this forum. You don't get to decide who can or can't contribute to a thread. The more you try, the more we will mock you.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
As i see this thread content is deteriorating it seems that most of you don't care about the future of the platform you are in, the general sentiment is that the average iq here is gradually going below 80, i guess you deserve everything that LL throws at you after all. I yet have to see people who actually cash out answering the questions
Yes, I cash out still and I don't see the problem. Nor do I see why you're so upset about LL complying with US law -- it's hardly as if they can decide that they'll ignore it for fear of upsetting their customers. They don't really have much alternative, as it seems to me, other than ceasing to allow cashouts altogether or closing SL.

If you're worried about not being able to provide a utility bill, have you asked Customer Support if there is another acceptable method of proving your address? In the UK, a bank statement would be acceptable for similar purposes, so long as the name is that in your photo-id, so it may be that it would be acceptable in the US, too.

Last edited:

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Not sure if you lost your capacity to read or something, the thread was made for people who own business/stores. If you are not any of these why you even bother to reply? Bullshittery you say, can you elaborate that.
This is us on a slow day:

And now, my old but free advise ....

tetrasodium

SL Rez
  • 1ROFL
Reactions: Spirits Rising

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Is the Tilia set up really that different from the old LL set up?

It kind of just feels like it's the exact same thing with a new hat.

Grandma Bates

Only mostly banned....
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
Yes
SLU Posts
Is the Tilia set up really that different from the old LL set up?

It kind of just feels like it's the exact same thing with a new hat.
It is completely different. It looks like I will have to submit the same information AGAIN! I am planning on doing so but will not like it one bit. I knew this was going to happen. When they got rid of the profile rating system I told everybody that this would be the end of Secondlife, and it has been one long, slow march to the grave ever since.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Thanks! Finally someone who read the damn thread.
Every single word of the explanation and advise Innula gave has been said at least 3 times already in this thread by various posters.
Only thing she added, was that she cashes out every now and then, not really relevant for her further opinions.
Now who wasn't reading this damn thread?