disney+ The Mandalorian

detrius

Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
BO-KATAN! BO-KATAN! BO-KATAN! BO-KATAN! BO-KATAN! BO-KATAN! BO-KATAN! BO-KATAN! BO-KATAN! BO-KATAN! BO-KATAN! BO-KATAN! BO-KATAN! BO-KATAN! BO-KATAN! BO-KATAN! BO-KATAN! BO-KATAN! BO-KATAN! BO-KATAN!

And yeah, we get Ahsoka Tano next week. Or the week after next, if they take their time getting to her.

I need a wallpaper of the last artwork displayed on the show of Baby Yoda holding the tiny froggling.
I'm quite sure episode 4 will be a filler episode. The episode's title and plot description are a pretty strong indication.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I'm quite sure episode 4 will be a filler episode. The episode's title and plot description are a pretty strong indication.
There's also been a lot of online discussion about how the 5th episode is directed by Filoni, and it's very likely he'd be given Tano's episode, because blah blah.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
Count the astronauts when you get to the station.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Free

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Count the astronauts when you get to the station.
Is that a reference to the show (which I have not seen yet)? If not, there will be seven crew on the ISS, for the first time in a number of years. The Russian capsule can only carry three at a time, which limited the crew to six.

detrius

Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
Disney has been accused of failing to pay royalties to the acclaimed author Alan Dean Foster for his bestselling novelisations of films including Star Wars and Alien, in a fight over copyright that is being described as unprecedented and grotesque.

Foster was approached by George Lucas to write a novelisation of Star Wars: A New Hope, which was published at the end of 1976, shortly before the film was released. Foster alleges that when Disney acquired Lucasfilm in 2012, it bought the rights to the novel as well as the first Star Wars sequel novel, Splinter of the Mind’s Eye, published in 1978. Disney’s acquisition of 20th Century Fox in 2019 meant it also acquired the rights to Foster’s novelisations of Alien, Aliens and Alien 3. But the science-fiction author said Disney had not paid him royalties on the books, all of which are still in print and earning money for the media giant.

[...]

Foster said his wife has “serious medical issues” and that he was diagnosed with an advanced form of cancer in 2016.

I just cancelled my Disney+ subscription.

If you decide to do so as well and are asked for the reason for the cancellation, make sure to write "Alan Dean Foster" into the text field.

• 1Facepalm
Reactions: Govi

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
It was a fine Star Wars ride. We learned a few things we probably could have figured out without the episode, but it was fun enough. And the Razor Crest finally got its overdue spa day.

Greef and Kara teamed up as a sort of the mayor/marshall for Nevarro's communities was pretty nice to see, and there's something adorable watching Carl Weathers with Baby Yoda, but I don't think they got much to play with beyond killing Stormtroopers. The blue guy played by Horatio Sanz had a few good lines. No railings, heh.

I'd like a bit more of the pure Baby Yoda moments. No dialog or plot progression, just the little thing experiencing life and stuff. Also, macarons are a Star Wars snack?

It looks like Mando is bringing Moff and friends straight to Ahsoka...

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
I have not watched S2 yet but this came across my attention...
S2 E4 On the left under the dude's arm.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
Jeans exist in the Star Wars universe. Luke's original costume used bleached 501s.

Lucifer

Gonnae no dae that, jist gonnae no.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
in the dimdark days of prehistory
Grogu

Also, THRAWN

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU