VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I love how these douchebags are all about “individual liberty” until a private company holds them to account for their hatemongering. Then all of a sudden they cry for the government to help them.
Yeah they're real selective about how much they support the Free Market aren't they?

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I think you're making a false equivalency. His tweets are unpopular with all but his most devoted followers. He is mostly shooting himself in the foot. If he is kicked off twitter, he'll have resources to blast his stupidity by other means. The only difference is that he'll have extra ammo since Americans fall hook line and sinker for cries of "censorship."
All kicking him off of Twitter would accomplish is to make Trump into a martyr. It'll further embolden his base, and he'll just find an alternate platform anyways. Like Free said, if they keep him on, he wins; if they kick him off, he wins. Even if somehow he's impeached, he'll win. It's an ugly situation, and it's only going to get even uglier before we see some sense of normalcy return to the political landscape.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
All kicking him off of Twitter would accomplish is to make Trump into a martyr. It'll further embolden his base, and he'll just find an alternate platform anyways. Like Free said, if they keep him on, he wins; if they kick him off, he wins. Even if somehow he's impeached, he'll win. It's an ugly situation, and it's only going to get even uglier before we see some sense of normalcy return to the political landscape.
Personally I am pretty sure Trump will get reelected in 2020. He might have the brains of a fly, but he's very good in a few important things, like wielding victimhood - just look at what he did while Kavanaughs election was a thing - and in discriminating certain minorities, which are visible enough to be known to the general public, but not strong enough to fight back on equal terms. And of course he's making his rich friends even more much obscenely rich, than they already were before.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Han Held

HEX

BURRITO WARLORD
SL Rez
</HEX>Went to a vigil for the victims up in Boulder last night that I found out about at church. Packed house, not enough chairs. It was about love, healing, hope, and interconnectedness. It was also about voting, fighting evil, and never giving up. It was very moving. I'd been crying on and off since Saturday morning, I have a lot of Jewish friends, starting from when I was a kid, but I felt a little more hopeful for them, and the rest of us, after.<HEX>

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Personally I am pretty sure Trump will get reelected in 2020. He might have the brains of a fly, but he's very good in a few important things, like wielding victimhood - just look at what he did while Kavanaughs election was a thing - and in discriminating certain minorities, which are visible enough to be known to the general public, but not strong enough to fight back on equal terms. And of course he's making his rich friends even more much obscenely rich, than they already were before.
Of course he will, with a little help from his Russian boss, propaganda on a major network, electoral fraud and vote suppression. He will still be just a illegitimate as now.

• 1Sad
Reactions: Kaimi Kyomoon

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
I am convinced that even without he has gained enough supporters by now, because the problem with Trump is that he's not an error, but for most the embodiment of America. So he'll make it most probably.

Dillon Levenque

Cautiously creeping...
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I am convinced that even without he has gained enough supporters by now, because the problem with Trump is that he's not an error, but for most the embodiment of America. So he'll make it most probably.
If by "..for most the embodiment of America..." you mean most of the rest of the world, you may or may not be right; I don't know. If you mean most of America, the numbers don't support that. They didn't in 2016 and they don't now. If the voters who are opposed to Trump's agenda vote, he will lose. He has a loud and energetic base, but that base is outnumbered.

Tranquility

I am pretty convinced trump is just like the bible and christians. Full of contradictions and hypocrisy, but its followers just cherry-pick whatever they want to fit their personal belief structure and ignore the rest.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Kaimi Kyomoon

Lianne Marten

Cheese Baron
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 18 2007
SLU Posts
Republicans are authoritarian. They follow their leader no matter what. When Trump won the primary he became the leader and they all follow him no matter what. Party before everything.

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Republicans are authoritarian. They follow their leader no matter what. When Trump won the primary he became the leader and they all follow him no matter what. Party before everything.
There were many never trump Republicans from the first, many of whom were considered leaders of conservative thought. Most have left the party in disgust and are vehemently anti Trump.
Unbelievable. Salt in tne wounds.

Salome

Vermicious Knid
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Fuck I don't remember
There were many never trump Republicans from the first, many of whom were considered leaders of conservative thought. Most have left the party in disgust and are vehemently anti Trump.
Big fucking deal. The vast majority of them still support everything Trump supports and engage in the dog whistling of the GOP of the last several decades. Kavanaugh made the vast majority of the so-called never-Trumpers betray their reality. Most of them still spend more time hating and whining about liberals than doing a goddamn thing to repair their own failures. They were mostly all fine with everything that seeded and led to Trump. They’d be fine if Pence were enacting all the same policies.

Fuck them. They are how we got to Trump. They don’t get points for hating him.

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Well, except those that were Never Trumpers, who have all pretty much left the party. Lots of them are on MSNBC, including hosts Nicole Wallace and Joe Scarborough.

• 1ROFL
Reactions: Salome

Lianne Marten

Cheese Baron
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 18 2007
SLU Posts
Basically all the never Trumpers who were elected members of the party immediately fell in line once he got the nomination because supporting the party is more important.

Nothing Donald has done is counter to what Republicans have actually stood for for the past couple decades. He's just too stupid to say the quiet part quiet and blurts it out in front of everyone.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
What do they expect donnie to do? It is not like it is a first amendment violation or something.
This is a business decision. They don't want to associate with racist assholes, because it will tarnish their reputation with other customers. Since racist assholes aren't a protected class under civil rights laws, they are free to not associate with them.

Last edited:
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Pamela