WTF Synagogue Shooting in Pittsburgh

Kaimi Kyomoon

Persistent Participant
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I say keep him ranting on every platform possible. I really do think that there are confused people who will notice that he's bat shit crazy who will decide not to vote for him. At least what shred of hope I have left is pretty much pinned to that.

I'm furious with the stupid Democrats who's only message is hammering the Republicans. They should be telling us that they have something to offer. Explained calmly and respectfully everywhere in every race.

Lianne, you have a good point but it's already gone so far. In retrospect they should have banned him from Twitter when he told his first lie, as president, to his followers. Now he seems to be gradually getting more and more insane. He's sucking a lot of people down the rabbit hole with him but surely some will balk soon.

Last edited:

Lianne Marten

Cheese Baron
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 18 2007
SLU Posts
He's sucking a lot of people down the rabbit hole with him but surely some will balk soon.
[Citation needed]

Everything he's doing is things the Republican party has wanted to do for decades now. He's just saying it out loud. Anyone who is still with him at this point, with everything he's done, and said, is NEVER going to leave. Because they agree with him.

Yes. A significant portion of the US population is fascist. That's been true since the inception. The goddamn Nazis got their law implementation ideas from the Jim Crow South.

Donald isn't the problem. Getting rid of him won't fix everything, and he's not the one solely responsible. The problem is the Republican Party has become a fascist organization. He's just the most obvious symptom.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
There are reasons why this hypothetical ban could help Trump among some swing voters. It has to do with how crazy Americans are, which is why it is understandable that some smart people here don't get it.
What do you make of this line of argument? Read the whole thread, obviously.

Kaimi Kyomoon

Persistent Participant
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I'm pretty pc but this comment isn't so outrageous. Linking it to the synagogue massacre was a big mistake though.

[Citation needed]

Everything he's doing is things the Republican party has wanted to do for decades now. He's just saying it out loud. Anyone who is still with him at this point, with everything he's done, and said, is NEVER going to leave. Because they agree with him.

Yes. A significant portion of the US population is fascist. That's been true since the inception. The goddamn Nazis got their law implementation ideas from the Jim Crow South.

Donald isn't the problem. Getting rid of him won't fix everything, and he's not the one solely responsible. The problem is the Republican Party has become a fascist organization. He's just the most obvious symptom.
You are absolutely right about the Republicans. Having played Monopoly a lot as a kid, I've known since the 50's that they were on the wrong track and every step along the way they have been working towards oligarchy, most unwittingly, I think, until now. And I agree there are people who love Trump speak no matter how insane. But I personally know people who have been Trump fans even though they are intelligent people who genuinely care about others. I have to hope they can be educated somehow. I'm trying to chip away at them as gently as I can by posting stuff occasionally on my Facebook page. It's the only sliver of hope I have left. I've read a lot of dystopia novels and since Reagan especially I've seen it coming in real life, just like in the books.

Over the decades I've discussed things with Republicans and eventually they all use the phrase "survival of the fittest" when I ask them if they all willing to shoot all the unfit people and put them out of their misery they are always shocked. They like the game of winning and losing in life and they think they can be winners. But surely now some of them will realize that they are losing or that it's bad that so many others are losing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :sneaky::cautious::cautious:

Last edited:

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I'm pretty pc but this comment isn't so outrageous. Linking it to the synagogue massacre was a big mistake though.
That's the point, though. Not that she criticises the government of Israel but that she suggests that they were in some way to blame for yesterday's terrorist attack.

ETA: It's like someone reacting to an attack on a mosque by saying "But does it ever occur to Daesh and the rulers of Saudi Arabia and of Iran that their actions may be encouraging Islamophobia?"

Last edited:
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Kaimi Kyomoon

Salome

Vermicious Knid
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Fuck I don't remember
Limiting the avenues for hate speech actually works, it forces the bigots to find their own private spaces to be bigots in. As a result other bigots are less likely to see those actions being performed publicly so they'll know they are socially unacceptable. This is literally why the events of the past week happened, bigots saw bigoted speech being performed publicly by people in power with no repercussions and decided that they should act because that's ok to do now.
This. Abusing the concept of “Free Speech” has allowed the GOP and their allied white supremacists to recruit widely without any check. They’ve also been enabled by a complicit bothsidesism addicted media. As a result we have not only the GOP but also the Libertarian douchebro contingent more concerned about “censoring” Nazis than voter suppression — which is an actual civil rights crisis and far, far more of a free speech issue.

The only thing that limits the power of these scumbags is deplatforming them and attacking their ability to collect money. And that’s where our focus needs to stay when it comes to plucking them out.

Lianne Marten

Cheese Baron
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 18 2007
SLU Posts
It's Karl Popper's paradox of tolerance, which is a very good read that I recommend.

Short version is that tolerating everything will inevitably result in the disappearance of tolerance. You cannot tolerate intolerance because it preys on the tolerant's desire to play fair and see the good in everything. When one side wants nothing but destruction you can't cede any ground to it.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
I half agree with you. We don't know what could happen if Trump is banned from his favorite medium. I have no idea what would happen long term, but feel moderately confident it would help him short term, so I hope they don't do it just before midterms.
I've said this before: don't ban him - charge him. Charge Donald, and other people with millions of followers for the quite real overhead of distributing the content to all those followers. Being the notable cheapskate that he is, he'll remove himself from the platform.

• 1Like
Reactions: GoblinCampFollower

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts