Social Media is for the Birds #nobodycares

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
The “bots” all argue in the same odd, demeaning way, most of them are bad at literate English, and they all sound alike after a while.
So, exactly like T-Rump supporters...

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
So, exactly like T-Rump supporters...
There seem to be a few “real” humans who are imitating the style of the bots. But most of them, if you argue with them, will eventually make a mistake that a local wouldn’t make. It’s true that actual Republicans can be astonishingly misinformed.

But there’s nothing to be gained in spending any time in the bot thicket. The demeaning tone makes it clear that one of their goals is to demoralize people. They use the same mental games as NPD abusers and con men and spending any time with it is a bad idea.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Han Held

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
There seem to be a few “real” humans who are imitating the style of the bots. But most of them, if you argue with them, will eventually make a mistake that a local wouldn’t make. It’s true that actual Republicans can be astonishingly misinformed.

But there’s nothing to be gained in spending any time in the bot thicket. The demeaning tone makes it clear that one of their goals is to demoralize people. They use the same mental games as NPD abusers and con men and spending any time with it is a bad idea.
Like this guy. If you scroll down post the shouty angry picture you'll see he used the same style to make his terrorist threat (I'm sure he didn't see it that way, but if it walks like a duck...):

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
Like this guy. If you scroll down post the shouty angry picture you'll see he used the same style to make his terrorist threat (I'm sure he didn't see it that way, but if it walks like a duck...):
Yes. And then more of the same in the comments.

They really should have fired him.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Rich people who live downtown Miami and wanna be rich people who don't own cars who also manage to live downtown. Driving is old school when you get get someone to drive you..why own a car when someone can just pick you up and drop you off? soon cars will drive themselves...Uber to do shopping.. uber to the next bar... uber to the beach... uber to the arena for an event..Theres plently of Uber scooters all over the place. cheaper then taking the bus sometimes..definitely cheaper then a taxi.

Last edited:
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Rich people who live downtown Miami and wanna be rich people who don't own cars who also manage to live downtown. Driving is old school when you get get someone to drive you..why own a car when someone can just pick you up and drop you off? .
Lyft/Uber is my option right now. My car died and public transit isn't a choice here. It can be obnoxious though. Last night I needed to get back from the Wawa convenience store. After waiting a while the driver texted me and asked me to cancel since he was having issues. So I canceled with a warning I might be charged. I wasn't but then waited for the next one. Close to a half hour wait to go two miles. Enterprise quoted me $62 / day to rent a car. No way, so Lyft and Uber are it till I buy another car.

• 1Hug

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Lyft/Uber is my option right now. My car died and public transit isn't a choice here. It can be obnoxious though. Last night I needed to get back from the Wawa convenience store. After waiting a while the driver texted me and asked me to cancel since he was having issues. So I canceled with a warning I might be charged. I wasn't but then waited for the next one. Close to a half hour wait to go two miles. Enterprise quoted me $62 / day to rent a car. No way, so Lyft and Uber are it till I buy another car.
it's situational and area based.. in a big city like miami it's super useful but once you out in the suburbs... it becomes more dicey and takes longer... the scooters are limited to downtown area only and only have a range about 6-8 miles.. During holiday and speical events.. prices raise so high and times get so long.. taxi is a better option at that point.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Saudi Arabia is a country often in the news for human rights abuses and female inequality. But a bunch of celebrities and influencers have sparked backlash for "promoting" Saudi Arabia in posts on Instagram, seemingly forgetting that the country has been accused of orchestrating the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi in 2018, has detained and allegedly tortured female activists, and actively discriminates against the LGBTQ+ community.

Ironically, the social media backlash has garnered just as much, if not more, attention than the promotional posts from the likes of Armie Hammer, Sofia Richie, and notable models Jourdan Dunn, Irina Shayk, and Alessandra Ambrosio.

• 1Thanks