• 1Agree
Reactions: Govi and Lexxi

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
There is plenty of blame to go around for why a MAGA-outfitted mob felt bold enough to break into the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday. President Trump and his Republican enablers are at the top of the list, but several California social media companies aren’t too far behind them.

Twitter. Facebook. Instagram. YouTube. Google.

For years, the executives of these companies have known that their platforms serve as convenient breeding grounds for dangerous, right-wing conspiracy theories.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Interesting and thoughtful thread by Jack Dorsey on how he sees the future for Twitter and platforms like theirs

• 1Thanks
Reactions: bubblesort

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Interesting and thoughtful thread by Jack Dorsey on how he sees the future for Twitter and platforms like theirs

The replies on that...Some of them are accusing Twitter of interfering with the election, like it didn't happen over two months ago well before Trump's ban. There might be something to that twitter feed in which he was hypothesizing that Turmp was leading people to believe that Jan 6 was in fact THEIR election day, their last chance being to stop everything.

I dunno...they are all nuts.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

bubblesort

I just got a double strike on my FB account for posting this:

So now I can't post for 7 days, because Facebook doesn't like it when I accurately observe that the My Pillow guy is a fucking nazi. They say it's hate speech to post this. Facebook is defending racists, terrorists and criminals here.

I know it's the AI, but that still does not excuse this behavior. They wrote the AI that is making these mistakes, so it's their fault it's happening.

It feels like I fell through a crack and now I'm stuck on the wrong side of the black wall from Cyberpunk 2077.

My previous strikes were for saying the following things, in order: "Girls are gross", "Swedes are weird", and "Americans are dumb." There is no appeal process for any of this.

The strikes are tactically timed. The last strike on my account hit the night before the presidential election. This strike is the night before the inauguration. I don't know who I pissed off or how I pissed them off. It would be easy to say it's coming from a conservative friend, but, you know... my opinions piss off people of all political bents, from time to time (I know, you guys are shocked! LOL).

I'm considering making a new account, maybe, and only friend a few people who I trust. Either that, or ditching the service completely. If I wasn't so locked into facebook chat, I would have probably ditched it a long time ago. Maybe I'll just set up an account to use for FB chat and delete my current profile completely.

Facebook needs to hire people to moderate. They are a service company, and they need to start acting like it.

• 1ROFL
Reactions: Spirits Rising