Social Media is for the Birds #nobodycares

bubblesort

Oh wait... there was an appeal. It took a little while, but they let me appeal through a web site called the oversight board. They claim to be an independent review system for facebook strikes.

I sent a detailed appeal for both strikes against this one post, but I doubt a human will ever read it. They say appeals are chosen randomly for review, so it's like a lottery, I guess? Probably not. They probably only review if you generate enough traffic and money for them, but you know, best case scenario, it's a lottery. If a human does read it, I hope they at least remove one of the strikes, since it should not be struck twice like that.

They really need to hire enough humans to review all appeals like this.

Also, because of the timing, and the way I've been struck mutliple times over the past year, it's clear that one of my friends really does not like me. Facebook should automatically block people who report a post from seeing the poster after the report, to prevent harassment. I don't want to see who reported me at all. I just want the person who reported me to never see my facebook page again, so they can't repeatedly harass me with reports for hate speech.

• 1ROFL
Reactions: Spirits Rising

Isabeau

Merdeuse
...ditching the service completely. If I wasn't so locked into facebook chat, I would have probably ditched it a long time ago. Maybe I'll just set up an account to use for FB chat and delete my current profile completely.
Did it a long time ago. Unfortunately, I still use messenger (family and friends). Just do it.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: bubblesort

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
  • 1LOL
Reactions: bubblesort

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
That, that, that is so nuts.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Been wanting something like this for a long time. (Get ready for a flood of video memes from me!)

YouTube is testing a feature popular from livestream platforms like Twitch: the ability for viewers and creators to make clips of longer videos, allowing for the sharing of short, bit-sized clips of a video. The feature is currently "in testing" with a small group of channels while YouTube gathers feedback.

Clips have a max of 60 seconds and can be created by pressing a new "Share Clip" button. From there, users will get a draggable timeline editor to make a clip, name it, and share it via a new URL. This video has clips enabled if you want to try it yourself. For now, the feature only works on a desktop browser, but Android and iOS support is coming "soon."

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Beginning next week, Twitter will add labels to the personal accounts of heads of state as it expands its policy on government-affiliated accounts, the company said Thursday. The labels are meant to provide context for users to “have a more informed experience on Twitter,” according to a blog post from Twitter Support.

This appears to be a change from an earlier position when the company said it would not label the personal accounts of heads of state since such accounts already have “widespread name recognition, media attention, and public awareness.”
Times change.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Framing Britney Spears reexamines the original media narrative around Spears as a celebrity. Instead of seeing Spears as a “girl gone wild,” the documentary shows a vulturous media that unfairly punished and dissected a young woman trying to live her life. It also goes into depth on the story behind Spears’ conservatorship — a legal agreement where her father, Jamie Spears, was designated to take over her estate and person — and the #FreeBritney movement that it precipitated.

I and the general public have not known and will never know the “true” Britney Spears. To think that the Spears we see on Instagram is a full authentic expression of herself is naïve, I know. Still, the documentary highlights how important her Instagram was in the history of her life, and that makes me like it all the more. While her feed excludes heavier topics like the conservatorship, it’s still a remarkably earnest look into the day-to-day life of a pop star.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I suppose I should no longer be surprised at the depravity of some social media users, but who on earth does this sort of thing and what do they get out of it?

Oh, for those long-lost days of innocence when the most grotesque behaviour you were likely to encounter online was that Goatse guy.