Not quite. Ascension was about a generation ship launched by the US in the 1960s. I've never finished watching it because of the soap opera plotting.Looks similar to a show called Ascension. It was a mini-series on SyFy late 2014. Tricia Helfer was in it. It was 6 episode but was shown over 3 nights.
I guess similar was too strong of a word for it but from what I can tell some of Silo looks to have at least one thing in common with Ascension. I probably should have said that they could be similar in some ways.Not quite. Ascension was about a generation ship launched by the US in the 1960s. I've never finished watching it because of the soap opera plotting.
Silo is based on the Wool (or Silo) novels by Hugh Howey. It's a dystopian future story about mankind living in a vast silo hundreds of stories underground.
What's the name of the books?
"Total viewership hours" seems to be the new King Metric among streaming services, and it's really showing in a lot of content.They probably want people to watch the first season a second time.