WTF Sh*t's F*cked Up and Bullsh*t - a "Who Cares" thread for news

Romana

SL Rez
Trump presented the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Arthur Laffer, the guy who invented the hackneyed "supply side economics" idea that Reagan thought was so swell. (It wasn't).

In his remarks, Trump said that he had studied the Laffer Theory when he attended Wharton College. Trump graduated from Wharton in 1968. 2. Laffer developed the theory in 1979.

Oh.
And I bet he tore into Kamala Harris when she got her years wrong. 😝

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
Trump presented the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Arthur Laffer, the guy who invented the hackneyed "supply side economics" idea that Reagan thought was so swell. (It wasn't).

In his remarks, Trump said that he had studied the Laffer Theory when he attended Wharton College. Trump graduated from Wharton in 1968. 2. Laffer developed the theory in 1979.

Oh.
Somehow, I don't think His Orangeness has ever seen the inside of an actual college.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009

Romana

SL Rez
Once again Falwell Junior opens his pie hole and it goes straight to hell.

Isn't that what a bureaucrat does? Some of them, anyway.
What does building an organization have to do with it, anyway?
And what authority does Falwell have to speak on anything? He'd say "God", but if he cared about what his purported God would want he'd be first in line to help those kids.

Govi

feral ballerina
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Isn't that what a bureaucrat does? Some of them, anyway.
What does building an organization have to do with it, anyway?
And what authority does Falwell have to speak on anything? He'd say "God", but if he cared about what his purported God would want he'd be first in line to help those kids.
I doubt Falwell ever made a payroll, nor did he build a business from scratch. He's living on his daddy's business, if you call fleecing gullible Christians a business.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
A step in the right direction, to my mind, albeit a very small initial one.

Twitter says it will hide tweets by world leaders and politicians that break its rules but have been left online "in the public interest".

Tweets from prominent government officials that break the platform's rules but have been left online will be hidden behind a notice.

The company accepted it had not clearly communicated many of the decisions it had made in the past.