Rosedale back as "strategic advisor"

SL Rez
SLU Posts
Hello (Again) to Second Life Founder Philip Rosedale

I have no idea what High Fidelity is up to these days, but they apparently have money to invest in The Lab?
This article has lots of information. High Fidelity is mostly merging with Linden Lab.

Amity Slade

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Oct 2010
SLU Posts
I feel that Second Life has strayed a long way from the "Your World, Your Imagination" appeal that initially drew me in. Maybe Philip's influence can steer Second Life back in that direction. My take on Philip is that he's not so good as a businessman, but good as a visionary. Now that Second Life is presumably profitable, maybe the business side is in okay shape and can now improve the vision side.

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I find it a bit odd that around the same time High Fidelity started shutting things down, a couple of Philips friends buy LL/Tilia. Then, less than a year after a couple of Philip's friends buy the Lab, Philip is hired on in advisory capacity only, at the same time transferring assets to LL including patents and employees.

Looks to me more like Philip's friends are bailing him out rather than vice versa. Not that having Philip on in an advisory capacity is a bad thing. It can be a good thing as long as he doesn't try to resurrect that horrible Love Machine idea that doesn't work in the long run.

• 2Agree
Reactions: Sid and Monica Dream

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Do I want to know what that was?

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Wesleytron

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Philip is a one time wonder, a dreamer, who stumbled over gold with the development of SL, but without ever knowing what it exactly was that made it into a success.
He never succeeded to steer SL in any direction he was trying to. Why would he succeed now?

Last edited:

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
He can pull that off (no pun intended).

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
Last time I saw him in-world, he looked like this at a Future of the Metaverse event:

• 1Scared
Reactions: Monica Dream