Joined SLU
October 2009
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Khamon

Irish Harper
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Research aside, I generally feel better eating a handful of meat, during the week’s time, rather than a portion at every meal.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
For what it's worth, most of the time I eat meat, it's of the winged variety. But I love the occasional steak or a ground beef dish. Tacos are better that way.

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
Everything in moderation. Except for poison.

• 1Agree

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I do eat meat, in fact I have a weakness for certain kinds - but do remember that there are more reasons than just personal health for reducing the amount of meat you eat overall!

• 1Agree
Reactions: Ashiri
SL Rez
SLU Posts
I do eat meat, in fact I have a weakness for certain kinds - but do remember that there are more reasons than just personal health for reducing the amount of meat you eat overall!
It's true. I read one person write that was a vegetarian. He said the reason was not that he loved animals. It was because he hated plants.

GoblinCampFollower

Already they have been met with fierce criticism by public health researchers. The American Heart Association, the American Cancer Society, the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and other groups have savaged the findings and the journal that published them.
I think the consensus is still that it's bad for you. The media loves to report outlier findings when they say what people want to hear. People WANT to hear meat isn't bad for you.

I follow nutritional research very closely, and a number of studies like this ended up being funded by food producers with agendas. Kind of like how Coke funded the one study that said high fructose corn syrup isn't that bad and McDonald's has funded studies saying fast food doesn't make that big of an impact.

Last edited:
  • 1Thanks