Police Brutality Protests Thread

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Fired Wilmington cop: “We are just going to go out and start slaughtering them f—— ni—–. I can’t wait. God, I can’t wait.”
Their excuses...
On June 9, Internal Affairs investigators confronted the men with the recording. They admitted to having the conversations, but the officers each characterized it as “venting” and blamed the “stress of today’s climate in law enforcement,” investigators wrote.

Moore and Gilmore argued they were “not racist,” with Moore adding he “doesn’t normally speak like that but was feeding off Officer Piner,” according to the investigators. Piner, meanwhile, said the tape was “embarrassing” and suggested concerns for his family’s safety had led him to a “breaking point.”
‘We are just gonna go out and start slaughtering them’: Three cops fired after racist talk of killing black residents

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
One of many things I don't understand: why the cops' behavior has gotten worse instead of better the longer things go on. Knowing their behavior is being recorded, knowing the injuries people have sustained from "safe" deterrents.
After the first brain injury or lost eye, why keep aiming where they were trained not to? There are going to be all kinds of lawsuits; aren't the individual cops sued as well as the departments?
How can it be worth all that to them?

• 1Agree
Reactions: Lexxi

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I think the cops would behave better if civil lawsuit payments were deducted from the police budget. Why should schools, nursing homes, and social services to the vulnerable take the hit, why should property taxes go up when the police are the ones draining the budget? Layoffs, I say. Layoffs.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
One of many things I don't understand: why the cops' behavior has gotten worse instead of better the longer things go on. Knowing their behavior is being recorded, knowing the injuries people have sustained from "safe" deterrents.
It's the rage-induced reaction of bullies when they're starting to lose power. Which isn't all that different from the rage-induced reaction of bullies who are abusing their power.

Like the tale of the scorpion:
A scorpion, which cannot swim, asks a frog to carry it across a river on the frog's back. The frog hesitates, afraid of being stung by the scorpion, but the scorpion argues that if it did that, they would both drown. The frog considers this argument sensible and agrees to transport the scorpion. Midway across the river, the scorpion stings the frog anyway, dooming them both. The dying frog asks the scorpion why it stung the frog despite knowing the consequence, to which the scorpion replies: "I couldn't help it. It's my nature."

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
I just saw this and wanted to respond. I may have related this story before, but I shall again.

Many, many moons ago I worked at a convenience store. I went in every night at around midnight regardless of my shift to do "the daily"; an accounting and balancing of the daily intake.

This particular night, a family friend sent in two teenagers to me. I didn't have any prior knowledge of their situation. It was a young man and woman; under 18. Apparently they had been living with her family and had been kicked out. He was black, she white. From what I understood, that played a role. It was the middle of winter; dead cold. I thought about bringing them home to my house, but someone here objected due to not knowing them at all. Hell, I didn't even really know them. They were friends of friends, but I wasn't going to let two kids go cold.

I decided to try to put them up for the night in hotel and figure out something better in the morning. The NCAA Tournaments were in town, so most hotels were booked. I decided to avoid the city as they were likely full and headed out to a nearby inner suburb. That suburb was Crystal, MN.

We went up where I knew there was a row of motels/hotels, with me going into each one only to find they were full. It was getting late at this point, maybe 2-3 a.m. As I was driving back, planning to bring them to my home regardless of objections, I was pulled over by the Crystal Police. Nobody was on the road, just me and them.

I knew, instinctively, WHY we were pulled over. The young man was sitting in the back seat and he had a massive afro. They claimed I was driving 'erratically' as their reason for the stop. This was well before my time as a bus driver, but I am a good driver. I knew it was pretense as a reason to pull us over.

They then called in backup. They put each one of us in a vehicle to verify our story about "why we were out there at that time of night". I presume they assumed that we were out either dealing drugs or seeking drugs. Once they determined that our stories were all the same, they sent them back to my vehicle.

I asked them if they could help us out. I had two teenagers with nowhere to go on a cold, winter night. They had nothing. They showed no interest at all and even gave me some flippant comments. I was losing my temper with them at this point and proceeded to yell at them, "What good are you?" You pulled me over on false pretenses hoping to get an easy bust because you assumed we were up to no good, and I know why. You can't even direct us to assistance?"

They let me get away with that.

I know why.

p.s. I relate this story for a few reasons. DWB, of course and white privilege, but also because the problem is bigger than just the MPD. When we see talk about disbanding the MPD, nobody is mentioning the other local police departments in the entire metro area, of which there are many. I also left out the part where when they approached my vehicle they had guns drawn.

Last edited:

Tigar

A Most Inappropriate Tigar 🐯
SL Rez
Joined SLU
🌟not on file
SLU Posts

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
The one good cop I know isn't a cop anymore, he quit to focus on writing, and selling anime kitsch at geek cons.

• 1Flower
Reactions: Free

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
"If you're an officer that has broken policy or acted under color of law with a belief that Black lives don't matter, you ought to be looking over your shoulder because the chickens have finally come home to roost," said Satchell's lawyer, Jonathan Jordan. "My client deserves to witness justice be served in this prosecution against this former officer where so many others in her position have not been as fortunate."
:qft:

Tigar

A Most Inappropriate Tigar 🐯
SL Rez
Joined SLU
🌟not on file
SLU Posts