Police Brutality Protests Thread

Salome

Vermicious Knid
Joined
Oct 21, 2018
Messages
892
Location
Carmen Sandiego's Pocket
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
Fuck I don't remember
I think that state medical examiners are generally given a strong weight in decision making, so legally speaking we aren't necessarily assured of him being convicted of the highest charge.
Yes, but one of the independent examiners was Baden. Obviously, nothing is assured, but I don’t think the state ME being believed over Baden’s expertise is likely to be the cause.
 

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
15,369
Location
Cat Country (Can't Stop Here)
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Rotterdam earlier today:



The mayor ordered to quit the demonstration early, because there came so many people that even reasonable distancing was no longer possible.
Most people went away when asked to do so.
I bet those rowdy demonstrators even stopped for cafe al banco, and a pastry on their orderly way home.
 

Sid

Member from the past.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
7,133
I bet those rowdy demonstrators even stopped for cafe al banco, and a pastry on their orderly way home.
Not all took it that well, there were a few disturbances in the city center afterwards. But that is almost always the case, no matter what big demonstration is held.
They only come for trouble. I wonder if they knew where the demonstration was about.
 
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Kamilah Hauptmann

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,190
Location
Minnesnowta
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Yes, but one of the independent examiners was Baden. Obviously, nothing is assured, but I don’t think the state ME being believed over Baden’s expertise is likely to be the cause.
From your lips to the jury's ears.
 
  • 2Hug
Reactions: Romana and Salome

Salome

Vermicious Knid
Joined
Oct 21, 2018
Messages
892
Location
Carmen Sandiego's Pocket
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
Fuck I don't remember
I cannot...


Edit To Add: This did not happen today / during the protests, but is being presented as an example of the commonplace brutality of the police in the area. Just in case there was any confusion.
 
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
Joined
Dec 24, 2018
Messages
3,540
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
0
Odd, I've never had foodstuff with zip ties on.

I know the trick, but I have a small jeweler's screwdriver so I don't need anything impromptu. Typically I just cut 'em.
 

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
Joined
Dec 24, 2018
Messages
3,540
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
0
Was curious, so I looked it up. I got, when I asked Google to define the word for me: "the glans of the penis". Then I grossed myself out by looking up "glans of the penis": "the glans is covered with pink, moist tissue called mucosa."

So a 'fucking bellend' is a 'fucking pink moist tissue covered in mucus" (it doesn't say mucus it says mucosa - mucosa -> 'a mucus membrane').

eww.
Closest succinct US version is dickhead.
 

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
9,529
Location
Montréal
SL Rez
2007
Not sure if this was posted, but for anyone who missed it and is interested:

 
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Archer

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
9,529
Location
Montréal
SL Rez
2007
Odd, I've never had foodstuff with zip ties on.

I know the trick, but I have a small jeweler's screwdriver so I don't need anything impromptu. Typically I just cut 'em.
I think she was pointing this out more for the “other everyday things”.


(Like when/if you get caught in a protest...)
 
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Clara D.

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
4,062
Odd, I've never had foodstuff with zip ties on.

I know the trick, but I have a small jeweler's screwdriver so I don't need anything impromptu. Typically I just cut 'em.
Yes, but you don't always have one handy when you've been invited to sit out a protest by an upstanding member of the community.
 

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
7,936
Location
Coonspiracy Central, Noonkkot
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
20780
I know the trick, but I have a small jeweler's screwdriver so I don't need anything impromptu. Typically I just cut 'em.
We had tools specifically for removing zipties at the data center, to make recabling easier.
 
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Clara D.