Cindy Claveau
Radical Left Degenerate
- Joined
- Sep 21, 2018
- Messages
- 3,488
- Location
- US
- SL Rez
- 2005
- Joined SLU
- June 2007
- SLU Posts
- 44403
What I was trying to say was that even if we could change the very basis of a 200 year old system, the same things would hasppen regardless. The rich and powerful will always take care of their friends, just like with Justice Thomas.Trying to completely restructure the U.S. Government and elections system would require an incredibly complex constitutional amendment to be ratified by all the states. Not. going. to. happen.
I always think it's better to try to promote justice & integrity and fail than to never start in the first place.What I was trying to say was that even if we could change the very basis of a 200 year old system, the same things would hasppen regardless. The rich and powerful will always take care of their friends, just like with Justice Thomas.
What we need is not so much a retooling of the system of governance but a spiritual reawakening to the sacred secular.
Anyone who is left by 2024 is no longer rational.
You helped this happen, Senator.
I believe she's on the Kyoto/Osaka side away from the action.Is anyone in contact with eku zhong or recall what prefecture she lives in?
It's very tempting to see all these issues of inequality and corruption as failures of a moral compass at the individual level. If only everyone would be a nice person, we'd live in a better world.What I was trying to say was that even if we could change the very basis of a 200 year old system, the same things would hasppen regardless. The rich and powerful will always take care of their friends, just like with Justice Thomas.
Yeah, I seem to recall she's a ways farther south of where this hit.I believe she's on the Kyoto/Osaka side away from the action.
www.thebiglead.com
I think events like this may have been the trigger for the Axial age, where religion and systems of state-sponsored philosophy stepped in to fill the gap between the tribe and the nation, and then later with constitutional governance and democratic systems held accountable by a free press.That dynamic, however, does not scale well above the tribal level. Once you get beyond personal interactions that reinforce obligations and responsibilities to each other, based on kinship and life-long social ties, the checks and balances easily get out of kilter.
3/4 of the states but yeah.Trying to completely restructure the U.S. Government and elections system would require an incredibly complex constitutional amendment to be ratified by all the states. Not. going. to. happen.
A genuine national referendum on abortion would come real close.Yeah I don't know if constitutional amendments are really possible anymore now that the country is the size that it is. Something would have to be tremendously and universally popular to pass, and I don't know if there's anything like that left.
OMGosh, I wish....I sometimes hear much younger relatives spouting magat talking points & have to clamp my mouth shut.Most people I knew who identified as Republicans left around 2010 when the Tea Party movement was in full swing.
Everyone on the commercial flight survived but five crew members on the coast guard plane died.Separately from the earthquake, last night a passenger plane that had just landed at Tokyo's Haneda airport, caught fire after it reportedly struck a Coast Guard plane that was on the runway for some reason? Once the plane stopped all of the passengers and crew were evacuated and survived the incident. The plane was soon destroyed by the fire. Not a great start to 2024 for Japan, geez.
That hadn't been reported yet when I saw the story but - looking at the video, yeah, I don't suppose it could have gone any other way. That was a big explosion and the coast guard plane was much smaller than the airliner.Everyone on the commercial flight survived but five crew members on the coast guard plane died.
www.indy100.com