Nobody Cares about TV and Film

Isabeau

Merdeuse
I have never seen any of the Resident Evil movies so binge watching tonight!

By binge watching, I mean I will watch one and if I like it, watch the second one tomorrow. 🦫

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
They get more over the top as they go one. I have not seen the last one yet, but the third is my favorite.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Isabeau

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Comedian Dave Chappelle has succeeded in getting his old sketch comedy program Chappelle’s Show removed from Netflix, after requesting the streaming service do so because the original rights holder, ViacomCBS, began licensing it without his permission.

The news means Netflix subscribers will no longer have access to the show’s three seasons that originally aired on Comedy Central. Netflix first made the show available on November 1st, and it’s no longer discoverable on the platform as of Tuesday afternoon. Netflix declined to comment.
Of course, Netflix has an independent contract with Chappelle for comedy specials and shows. Seems they know it's best not to shit where you eat.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

I watched this on Disney+ last weekend and though I didn't end up with a desire to see the actual show, I gained a little respect for the creators of these types of broadcasts from the 70's/80's, for both their efforts to do their best on little to no money, and their general pragmatism. The shows were more about selling toys then delivering quality television programming, but they sure seemed to lock in on what the audience - Japanese kids - wanted to see.

And who couldn't love seeing Spidey with his own transforming robot/car.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
Who knew? The boy wonder made a song.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
OK!

The Oscar winner will host a six-episode comedic docuseries called History of Swear Words. Each installment will examine the origins, usage and cultural impact of a specific curse: "fuck," "shit," "bitch," "dick," "pussy" and "damn."

In case you're wondering how in the name of Zeus' butthole this show came to be, it comes from Funny or Die and Industrial Media's B17 Entertainment. Bellamie Blackstone (I Love You, America, @midnight) will serve as showrunner and executive produce with Funny or Die's Mike Farah, Joe Farrell, and Beth Belew and B17's Brien Meagher and Rhett Bachner.
EDIT:

Last edited:
  • 1ROFL
Reactions: Govi

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Marvel Studios is moving forward with the Black Panther franchise, but the studio will not recast Chadwick Boseman’s King T’Challa.

Instead, the movie will pay tribute to the character and the late actor and rely on other characters that appeared in the film, according to Kevin Feige, Marvel Studios chief. Ryan Coogler is still on board to write and direct the film. It’s scheduled to be released on July 8th, 2022.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

A show about...meditation. Could you ever imagine something like this popping on the standard U.S. television networks? I imagine the suits would laugh you out of every meeting for daring to suggest it.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
So...all the Star Wars news coming out.

A number of limited series coming to Disney+ over the next few years to further flesh out the galaxy far far away.

Even getting Hayden Christensen back, as Vader on the Obi-Wan show.

I don't know, but I may actually be an excited Star Wars fan again.

EDIT: ALSO!

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
It looks fun and interesting - but it's on Syfy, so all the standard "expect it to be cancelled in a year or 2" apply.

Like a lot of cool programming these days, it's based on a comic book.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Maggy Hazelnut